Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here gets hassled by cops... ALOT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who here gets hassled by cops... ALOT!

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

Your bike may look to radical for them with those red wheels......get chrome...j/k. I never get pulled over but have had 3 or 4 LEO's pull up next to me at traffic lights and say "nice bike". But I probably have a higher "poser" look than you. [8D]Maybe more Leo's ride here than where you live because they have several clubs you see at the bike nights.

ya know i dont wanna say anyone has a poser look , we all joke about it but when it comes down to it regardless of our backgrounds we all have a common interest whether we ride everyday or on the weekends , as a way of life or a hobby. so joking aside , which i always do with a smile , motorcycles are an extension of ones personality and style and as the saying goes "dont judge a book by its cover" , well , that has never been takin seriously and nowadays our law enforcement i feel is using the hightened sense of "awareness" to pick out characters in society the deam fit for interogation to some extent. i feel that its a personal gratification and cure for boredom for punk *** bully traffic cops that live such loser lives that they feel they have to vent on people in society that are trying to vent their problems threw freedom of expression as i do, as im trying to do and always have and will. i really dont want too see things this way cus it classifies and doing so i fall into the same category as them making me stoop to their level. i have freinds and clients that are police officers and are excellent people although i see where they are disillusioned and could do the same thing to others they dont know like myself without realizing , hey i got a friend like you that i would never do this too. unfortunatley our society is failing and in the next 10-20 years it will come to a head because the "law" will have struck to many bad cords and sooner or later things are going to go REAL bad................ phew ok , this turned into more then jus what i posted to begin with but it is all related... BREATH!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never been pulled over on the bike, even when I was 16 and stupid. I have been pulled over in the cage and have been ticketed. Have also been let go when I shouldn't have been, and pulled over because my vehicle fit the description of someone the LEO's were looking for and firearms were drawn and levelled on me until my identity was confirmed. Such is life.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I hate to jinx myself but I have to say that almost the exact opposite has been my experience. I've been pulled over in Planfield twice for speeding and merely told to slow down at over 20 miles an hour over the speed limit. I would write that off as it being Plainfield and some of the police go to the same gym as me, but I twisted the throttle going by a yound officer in Blooington and all thatI got was a warning.

The sport bikers around here say if you get tired of getting pulled over than buy a Harley. Even before the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 we are free to park and sit there and look at ******* and drink until one or two in the morning and then the police start giving the sport bikers a hard time.

Strange the way the world turns.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Draxs
Advanced

Its gotta be just plain bad luck. Over the years I've lived in Mn, Tx, Mo, Wv, Ok, Oh & Mi and have never been stopped while on the bike. However, I have been pulled over for no apparent reasons while in the car on several occasions. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Nomad X

Flying a MC patch? Wearing a "support" shirt?
nope neither , although i was leaving the HA 60th anniversary party. which i understand for their disillusioned sense of "just cause" but i had not drank , done narcotics, nor am i a club member. this i understand them assuming guilty by association but this isnt the only time its happend , its the fourth in 3 months , 2nd in two weeks.... what i saw was a big fukn show, inside the bar were the extremely polite , curtious club members , things were so in order that i found it a boring atmosphere but a very good vibe among people. outside tons of cops like they were fishing in a barrel with a shotgun , i only saw one person visibly drunk and he wasnt goin nowhere. we all know the reputation and rumors but when it comes to a public event like this , large clubs like this 9 times outa 10 within recent times conduct themselves to everyones suprise in an orderly and pleasent fashion... yes some people involved in such clubs do some bad sht, but unlilkely thats occuring during a family gathering! so why the need for police presence as such?! THE BIG SHOW! intstead of concentrating on certain individuals that may or may not conduct illegal activities within their personal lives the media and politicians portray that upon a whole group or gathering of people. you can say , the few ruine it for the many but this is a bullsht term that long lived its due. its sad that american society is satisfied and entertained by ths crap thus allowing it to persist and not allowing for the actual law to do its job as well as let people that want to live a free life in their own way. ...........

Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
farns
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2 illegal stops.

1 to check "paper work"
2 to check D.O.T. sticker on my helmet.

I just don't get it....

I look honest and trouble free?

Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Draxs

Its gotta be just plain bad luck. Over the years I've lived in Mn, Tx, Mo, Wv, Ok, Oh & Mi and have never been stopped while on the bike. However, I have been pulled over for no apparent reasons while in the car on several occasions. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

is the bike that outlandish? its not imo, not as shiney as most but could that be an issue? that stuff is so rediculous it sounds like something the cops would look for or stereotype as an outlaw type motorcycle whatever... hey and i dont even have a front fairing! jk i kinda like the front fairing

Old 03-22-2008, 09:51 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless you have been messing around with the Chief of Police's wife, I wouldn't take it so personally. You have to look at the bigger picture. Southern California is famous for it's gang related bikers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just trying to 'crack down' on the general public period ... not just bikers....although bikers would be the most obvious target. Perhaps, your 'checks' have only been a part of that bigger effort keep the streets a safer place. Unfortunate for you, yes... A pain in the butt, most definately!

Do you know of any other bikers that have been having the same problem? Do you look like someone who has been messing around with the Chief's wife?

If you willing to go through the hoops ... and plan on moving anyway ... There is such a thing as Police harrassment charges...If not , regrettably, you're going to have to just grin and "bare" it.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Bobber S
Tourer

I get pulled over all the time/ tickets - last year big hassel, one cop threw the book at me for :

1. Illegal pipes (I have cobra dragsters factory spec baffelsnotremoved )
2. Illegal handel bar height (I have 13" apes )
3. Illegal mounted license plate ( I have a side mounted plate )
4. Illegal stop lamps ( I have Kury run break turn module withLED lights)
5. Missing 5 reflectors ( I removed them )

P.S. I don't plan on changing anything

Old 03-22-2008, 09:56 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

i know what ive said can make ya go crosseyed reading it but please read what ive said and state your opinion honestly without as much hast as i may go about using. does it make sense? i posted this in this here rather then anywhere else because alot of us are in the same age range or rather close. 25-45 is close to me. i want those opinions , and not to take a stab at other forum members but this group seems alot more self reflecting and spoken from the heart rather then spoon fed a life full of bullsht that all they crap is spoon fed bullsht and sour sarcastic remarks telling you to suck it up . that bs , how much can we "suck up" before we explode? people need to speak out about being wronged! im no fuking hippie but i live by the golden rule as we all should and most agree we should, im tired of giving and not gettig in return. whats left? what shouild the other side get in return ? and the otherside seems to be our voted government thus intern our law enforcement. respect? its not given why give it? theirs no honor or protection in what they do to the common citizen such as us yet they spill propaganda striving for it.. *** that!

Quick Reply: Who here gets hassled by cops... ALOT!