Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Windshield for Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:04 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sport Windshield for Wide Glide?

that rio grand is not to bad....nice freakin price as well....hmmmm?

I had only saw the fats, which I did not care for. But the rio is not bad at all. I think the black shade would look good.........

Old 02-05-2006, 04:30 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: WdGldDave

Murphdog,
That windscreen looks great on your bike. The two-tone look of the windscreen compliments the black and silver on your bike.
what he said...^ Looks sweet

Todd

Old 02-05-2006, 10:46 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this article about choosing the right windshield interesting.

I also found these pics of WideGlides/Dynas with windshields.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/980C4BE8C5064823AC32A3FC2A563224.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/960C1A6CF5D4460B82B6CBF06199F78D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/A0F0F8552E74443CBF909B5DDD164621.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/B96EBA84DF4A45F19E664436A64C2276.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2006, 10:41 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

I found this article about choosing the right windshield interesting.

I also found these pics of WideGlides/Dynas with windshields.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/980C4BE8C5064823AC32A3FC2A563224.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/960C1A6CF5D4460B82B6CBF06199F78D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/A0F0F8552E74443CBF909B5DDD164621.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/B96EBA84DF4A45F19E664436A64C2276.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks man..I actually have that issue of 'Motorcycle Cruiser' and it is an interesting read. I think the windshield on the last bike (red) looks decent. The one on the black DWG looks big and silly. I'm coming to the conclusion that windshields and wide glides don't mix Unfortunately, the winter in NJ is cold, and it would definitely help. Let me ask you...do you do a lot of highway riding? I read that a lot of people complain about the Wide glide and highway riding...too much wind..or whatever. I guess I'm just numb to it. I've learned to ride with the wind since I've never had a bike with a shield. I'm just wondering if there really is that much difference with a shield (on the highway, anyway).
Thanks again.

Todd

Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

I ride to work (4 miles) or tool around town or get on the highway and ride 60-120 miles for work. Basically I'm in no wind or a lot of wind. I'm starting to think about the quick released standard height from HD. The idea of popping it on or off without leaving any hardware behind appeals to me. I wish it were a little cheaper though. I'm thinking about the tallest/widest windwhield that I can still see over. I do wonder about how it will handle on the highway when a semi comes from the other direction.

BTW I realized that the black bike in the photo above is probably a softail standard. I was only looking at the front end.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:48 AM
DCRANER
Tourer

I am from Central Jersey also. For the winter I have a 3/4 HD helmet with a face shield, and that with a turtleneck, heated jacket liner / gloves I am comfy.

Just a thought.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: DCRANER

I am from Central Jersey also. For the winter I have a 3/4 HD helmet with a face shield, and that with a turtleneck, heated jacket liner / gloves I am comfy.

Just a thought.

I actually wear a full face and one of those fleece pull over things that covers my whole neck and part of my chest. That works pretty well. Combined with a few layers of thermals and leathers, and I'm ok for anything over 40 degrees. Below that, and it's just too cold. I was thinking about getting the heated liners (gloves, jacket, pants). Anyone have any comments on that stuff. I'm wondering if that alone would be enough in really cold weather...or should I think about a shield as well?
The more I think about it, it's this time of year that I wish I bought a bagger. I love my wide glide, but it isn't exactly the best bike for cold weather riding. Oh well.

Todd

Old 02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

ORIGINAL: veniculum

ORIGINAL: DCRANER

Just a thought.

I actually wear a full face and one of those fleece pull over things that covers my whole neck and part of my chest. That works pretty well. Combined with a few layers of thermals and leathers, and I'm ok for anything over 40 degrees. Below that, and it's just too cold. I was thinking about getting the heated liners (gloves, jacket, pants). Anyone have any comments on that stuff. I'm wondering if that alone would be enough in really cold weather...or should I think about a shield as well?
The more I think about it, it's this time of year that I wish I bought a bagger. I love my wide glide, but it isn't exactly the best bike for cold weather riding. Oh well.

Todd
I have to tell ya, just a single pullover turtleneck, the heated jacket liner (even warms your neck) and my Foxcreek leather jacket and your whole body is warm. At 40 degrees I don't even need heated gloves, and with the heated gloves I can ride at 30 degrees easy.

One heated jacket liner beats 3 or 4 layers of clothes, your chest, nech, and arms are heated like an 85 degree summer day. Just keep the wind off your face.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:15 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Murphdog,
That windscreen looks great on your bike. The two-tone look of the windscreen compliments the black and silver on your bike.
what he said...^ Looks sweet

Todd
Thanks, guys. That's an old picture and I don't have that windshield now. I replaced it with a Fats last year, but am going to order another Rio Grande soon. The Fats is just too big on a Wide Glide and it causes handling problems at higher speeds. It really doesn't do a much better job with the wind than the Rio Grande either.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:15 PM
hoggsbreath
Advanced

I went with a wind vest 14x16 on my 06 wide glide. It's blocks the wind fairly well - not as well as the wind screen on my Hertage Classic.. but it looks cooler.

Quick Reply: Sport Windshield for Wide Glide?