Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big guy on little dyna superglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:22 AM
vegasjoe
|
Intermediate
Default big guy on little dyna superglide

just wondining what yall think, got this fxd only month ago, and i not happy with it an know im stuck with it. only cost me 9000Gs for a 07, but feel being 6ft3 and 260lbs that im to big for it. any other big guys feel this way or is it just me? no forwards,stock seat sucks and my deisel truck is loader than the bike..lol i think i look like a elephant on a tricycle...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shoulda got a street bob or sumthing bigger but stealer said it was a good deal and know i think i settles..shoot me

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:42 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: big guy on little dyna superglide

First off, you aren't too big for it. Second, a street bob is not a bigger bike. I'm 6'4" and 240 and am perfectly comfortable on my FXDC. Of course, as most people do, I've done some things to make myself more comfortable such as forward controls, better fitting handlebars, and a lower seat that lets me move down and back and feel more in the bike than on top of it. Doesn't matter which bike you bought, you were going to have to spend some money on it to make it fit you and fit your personality. I've sat on so-called bigger bikes and they feel smaller to me than mine does now. Get your wallet out, do your research and make it your own.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/A9EA8CBC04E24B63B06AC4D3324F0C60.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:54 AM
roxo56
5th Gear

i'm 6'2', 253 # and my '07fxd is a perfect fit. Do yourself a favor, get a wider than stock saddle and go ride !

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:58 AM
farns
Road Captain

I am 5'10" and 275.

My Super Glide is fine for me.

Don't kid yourself about the other bikes either - look at the wheel bases, they are not much longer, just fatter.

The Dyna Wideglide has long been touted as the "tall man's bike".

Put forwards on your bike with the desired extensions and your good to go.

I rode a Sportster for a long time and with forwards, the circus elephant on a tricycle feeling went away...

Old 03-21-2008 | 09:59 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

im 263lbs and i feel fine on my bike but im not as tall as you guys. i put forward controls and apes and its perfect

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:04 AM
markrumsfield
Tourer

Ditch the stock seat, install a set of forwards and change your bars out for some thathave more reach and it will feel like a whole new bike. A set of slipons will cure the noise problem. Harleys arent a one size fits all type of bike, you gotta change things to makeit fit you...

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:11 AM
cmhfguy
Road Master

One key apsect is to ensure your knees are at least level with or lower than your hips. Forwards will help with that. So will a seat that moves you back, or higher. If your knees are higher, you end up sitting on your tailbone...

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:18 AM
vegasjoe
|
Intermediate

ok, custom corbin seat will help im sure, should i get fowards or the +2 forwards...and can i add rush slip on w/o having to take it back to stealers and have a tune up? went to stealer and they want 1300 to do mini apes, that chaps my azz, and i dont have the patience to do it.

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:27 AM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: vegasjoe

ok, custom corbin seat will help im sure, should i get fowards or the +2 forwards...and can i add rush slip on w/o having to take it back to stealers and have a tune up? went to stealer and they want 1300 to do mini apes, that chaps my azz, and i dont have the patience to do it.
go to the dealer and sit on a WideGlide or FatBob with forwards, if you still need room - go with the extended.

I'm 6'5" and 230lb - quite frankly - no stock HD is comfortable for me - even those with stock forwards (WG, Softails)

farns makes a good point - look at the specs of the other HD offerings - other bikes are "fatter" but seat height, wheelbase - all very similar.

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:29 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: vegasjoe

Don't get stuck on any one thing just because someone else has it and it works for them. I'm 6'4" but use standard forward controls. I've seen others shorter than me that like the extended forward controls better. You have to take your time and figure out what will work best for you or you'll end up wasting a lot of time and money. You can also shop around. Your dealer is not the only one that can put bars on for you. Find a good indy shop that might do it much cheaper. I had a dealer do my bars, with internal wiring, and my 5K service, including the cost of the bars, front signal relocation, and new grips for just a little over $500 because they were running a 50% off labor special that month. However, I had already found an indy that was going to do my bars at a comparable price at their regular rate. Seat options are endless as well. Keep in mind you don't have to have HD forward controls either. They are expensive to have installed and I'm betting that, if you don't want to deal with installing your own bars, you don't want to install the forwards yourself. I bought a brand new set of Kuryakyn forwards from a dealer on ebay and installed them myself in 2 hours for $300. They are much easier to install because you don't have to remove any primary components.

Quick Reply: big guy on little dyna superglide