Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big guy on little dyna superglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:49 PM
bkbennett
Road Master
Default RE: big guy on little dyna superglide

Hey vegasjoe, you've gotten some good advice in this thread. I'm 6'4" and 225 lb and I don't think I look too big on my bike -- a 2004 fxdp (a lot like a super sport). I've redone the saddle from the original police version and I feel a lot better than when I first bought it. Good luck and stay with the dyna. You won't regret it.

Old 03-21-2008 | 01:28 PM
JDRay
Cruiser

If you've got an '07, take a look at the Tallboy seat. According to the description, it gives you 1.75" more room front to back. Combined with forward controls, you should be in good shape. If you've got big feet, take a look at the Kuryakyn pegs with the "stirrups" on them. I replaced the standard Kuryakyn pegs with them and love them; it's almost like having floorboards.

Old 03-21-2008 | 01:48 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Go on ebay and get a takeoff lowrider stock seat. $70 and a phillips screwdriver. BTW, any of you guys ever consider losing some weight?..I'm 5'11" and was 220 and now am 178. I definitely fit better at 178 and the bike is faster.

Old 03-21-2008 | 02:44 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

If you don't want the fwd controls(I don't) just put a set of highway pegs on for cruising.Much cheaper.A tallboy seat or Mustang vintage wide will help.

Old 03-21-2008 | 03:02 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

the other day i saw a dude who was every bit of 290 on a sportster......THAT was funny lookin. he had what looked like 14 or 16 in apes but they barely came up to his pits (it was hard to tell how big they were cause he was so big!!) i would have laughed but he was patched and looked like he could smash me right down to the surface like i was a used kleenex.

get some bars, forwards and a seat that moves further back and you should be fine. i wouldn't lower it too much either, your size probably knocks it down plenty.

as for the doing the work, if you are here in vegas, i would be more than happy to help. i did my bars and it is a lot easier than it looks. the forwards and cracking the primary is way easier than it looks too. all this basic stuff is pretty easy if you have the tools, especially if you have 2 people. i knocked out my bars in 3 hours and i had never done it before and i don't exactly have a whole lot of mech experience.

worse case and you want someone else to do it, i'm good friends with the owner of LV DynoTech. he has an awesome reputation and he definately won't jack you like a dealer.

email me at my username@yahoo.com

flynn

Old 03-21-2008 | 03:06 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain

Six foot 209# six inch rise two pull back 28 inch drag bar highway pegs ,two places to put my feet on long trips.The stock bars would pull my shoulders out,the stock pegs had my kneesas high as the tank.

Old 03-21-2008 | 03:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member

I don't care if your 5'5...anyone is going to feel like a monster on a dyna without forward controls.
Bull, I know this thread is about taller guys who really should get forwards but I'm 5'9" and I hate forwards on most bikes.I did sit on a Nightster with them today and it felt nice but that's was the first bike I've ever sat on where they didn't feel too far away.

Old 03-21-2008 | 03:40 PM
UNCLE PAT
Cruiser

I am stuck with an 08 street bob and I started to feel your pain...I got an awesome deal....so I took it...I dumped the mini apes for some diff bars...put on a two passenger seat...I have forward controls on the bike and it isn't too bad....I could have, should haves..but I will mod the bike to make it feel larger....I am 6' and 200lbs.....

Old 03-21-2008 | 03:54 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: markrumsfield

Ditch the stock seat, install a set of forwards and change your bars out for some thathave more reach and it will feel like a whole new bike. A set of slipons will cure the noise problem. Harleys arent a one size fits all type of bike, you gotta change things to makeit fit you...
+1

Old 03-21-2008 | 04:08 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Go on ebay and get a takeoff lowrider stock seat.
I have a lowrider seat ('05), and it pushes me closer to the front and bends my legs more than my other seat (modified stock "05 FXD seat) that I use on trips.Plus,the LR isnot as good as many others I've tried for longstretches IMO. Unless the newer LR seats are a lot different, I would not go that route, especiallyif I was 6'3".

Quick Reply: big guy on little dyna superglide