Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big guy on little dyna superglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008 | 10:46 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Default RE: big guy on little dyna superglide

First off, you aren't too big for it. Second, a street bob is not a bigger bike.
+1

I don't care if your 5'5...anyone is going to feel like a monster on a dyna without forward controls. The FC's are going to let you stretch out ALOT more, giving you the feelin' of sinkin' down into the sit a bit & feeling "lower/smaller" on it. That's the first thing I'd do.

As far as the seat goes, the stock seat actually sits you back further than most newer, custom seats so you should be fine with the stock seat if you choose to saty with it for awhile. I have forward controls on mine with an H-D Brawler solo seat & the back lip of the seat actually moves me slightly more forward a bit than the stock seat does.

I don't care what the measurements are for each, individual bike. I sat on them all before buying my FXDC. I'm 6' & 240 lbs. Compared to the FXDC, the Low Rider feels smaller, the Street Bob feels even more smaller (actually tiny would describe it best), the Fat Bob about the same & the Wide Glide feels about the same, just longer.

The two most important aspects about a bike's overall comfort feeling is it's type of seat & foot controls. Handlebars can also make a difference, but do the foot controls & seat first!

Old 03-21-2008 | 11:26 AM
Hounds2
Cruiser

decent seat, forwards and you will be ready to go. 5' 11 and 320 lbs. BTW, dynas are not a small bike. if you look at the stats its about the same size and carries the same payload as a harley bagger. actually, i feel a bit better with the wider tire on my dyna as i do on my partners sofa-glide standard with a thinner tire. glides do cruise the freeways a bit nicer though because of the wider front tire and air shocks. if you think you are cramped now, set on a BMW LT. good riding..

scott

Old 03-21-2008 | 11:43 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

There are bigger guys than you on this forum that ride Dynas (I think "tree" is one). Like everybody says, you just have to do some seat/bar/foot control changing. Make sure you sit onsome bikes set up different ways before you decide which way to go.

Old 03-21-2008 | 11:44 AM
vegasjoe
|
Intermediate

yup ur right, very mad over this, but got a friend who will help with the forwards. he did his own bars but there drag bars so was pretty easy, he dont want to have to try apes..lol

Old 03-21-2008 | 11:49 AM
vegasjoe
|
Intermediate

same bike as me, looks good, what pipes u got on there?

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:03 PM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Hi Vegasjoe,
Im 5' 8" and find the forward controls a bit of a stretch after 50 or 60 miles,but my friend who is 6'2" finds them perfect for him and gives him plenty of room.
Hope tis helps
Wolfy

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:04 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Screamin' Eagle II slip-ons (if it was me you were asking).

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:10 PM
stillridin42703
Cruiser

6' 2' 250lbswith 3' extensions on the forwards..badlander seat..streetslammmer bars, i'm stretched out rather nicely. this set up works well with me and i switch up to a sundowner seat and detachable sissy bar with rack when the wife rides..

makes a nice apperance change on the streetbob .

[IMG]local://upfiles/24177/0373D57343964DBD8DF975A0F1F33173.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24177/59145C9B645E465FB26F0EEBC880CF6B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:13 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

That's the way I like to ride. I'm 5'9, have forward controls on my Fat Bob, drag bars and just ordered a Lepera Barebones seat to sit me down lower and further back into the back. Nice ride!

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:49 PM
jwidell
Advanced

Holy Shnikies!

I thought I wasonly one of a few bigger guys riding. I'm 235 and 6'-2", and am very comfortable on my '02 Low Rider. I have forward controls, and a Badlander seat. I rode my brother's Heritage Softail, and I felt a bit cramped. Then, he rode mine, and said it was nice to s t r e t c h out. I agree with all that have responded.

Do a little test seating/fitting, and then go out and ride to the donut shop!

ENJOY!!!!

Quick Reply: big guy on little dyna superglide