Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Sreet Bob with V & H Big Radius "pictures"

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:54 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Sreet Bob with V & H Big Radius "pictures"

how do you like the sound? Loud?

Old 02-16-2006, 01:07 AM
italiano
Tourer

what about the fuel pak didnt you like?i've heard that they are super easy to tune and vance and hines i would think would put more effort in the tuners made for their pipes.the only complaint ive heard was that it doesnt fit right under the seat but big deal.make room then its ok.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 PM
phreak
Road Master

phitting it under the seat is one thing, then try and get the ECM pigtail through the electrical box, and plugged into the ECM. [:@] The phuel pak has about 18 different settings, that no one but V&H knows what they control. V&H is happy to give you initial settings, but if you want to phine tune it, you need to contact them, if you can get a hold of them, describe your symptoms, and they will give you new settings.

My preference would be phor a phueler that *publicly* documents what each setting is phor so you can adjust the settings without having to contact the manufacturer.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:50 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with the dealer today and they say the download is all I would need besides the aircleaner. Don't need the fuelPak.
Hey Phreak, what is your expierence with V & H pipes and 02 sensors on these new bikes? Ofcourse the dealer wants me to go with thier stage 1 with the slipons. But how do you know down the road thier will be problems with V&H pipes with Harley download? And what can you do to prevent it?

Old 02-16-2006, 03:29 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great pipes man im looking to get those bad boys to but its like 1300 for whole pakage hd sell a race tuner for 500 bucks but you can tune at any time for torque or long trips the ac is 150 and the pipes are 675 and thats not even the labor ouch huh just gotta do it thou good thing i have that honda to sell

Old 02-16-2006, 06:19 PM
phreak
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Stbob#1

I spoke with the dealer today and they say the download is all I would need besides the aircleaner. Don't need the fuelPak.
Hey Phreak, what is your expierence with V & H pipes and 02 sensors on these new bikes? Ofcourse the dealer wants me to go with thier stage 1 with the slipons. But how do you know down the road thier will be problems with V&H pipes with Harley download? And what can you do to prevent it?
The pipes will be phine... mostly, All though the excess heat phrom running lean might cause the chrome on them to bubble. What you need to do to install the V&H pipes is remove the stock O2 sensors from the header, then install them in the V&H pipe. Be gentle, and don't use any loctite. The loctite or any kind of antisieze, can bugger the O2 sensor if your not careful. If you don't have one, get a service manual. Very helpful when it comes to removing pipes & sensors. Better then the V&H instructions.

The Harley Stage1 ECM is design phor use with the SE stage1 air cleaner, and SE street legal pipes. It is designed to also be within the air phuel ratio that the EPA has mandated, which as we all know is in the lean side of the spectrum. With the AC & pipes harley pushes, then the engine will be phine. On the lean side, but phine.

If you add the less restrictive V&H pipes, which create better horsepower, you are phlowing more air. Without more phuel, you will be running a hotter engine, which leads to breakdown. Believe it or not, but adding more phuel actually helps cool off the bike.

So my take is running with an SE AC, V&H pipes, and only the Stage1 download will exacerbate the situation making phor one very lean bike.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD is saying to go with the race tunner $500 by the way . but they say if you go out with yor buddies just put a code in and blow their doors off and if you want to go for a long ride just put another code in for moretop end

Old 02-16-2006, 06:52 PM
phreak
Road Master

Yup, they will say that.

The Race Tuner works, and is highly configurable. Big bucks though I'm sure you phound.

A less expensize, but also very workable and configurable option is a Techlusion DFO. It's about 300 less. Easy install, and gives YOU the ability to tune the bike. The DFO is a phuel adder, meaning that it does not take phuel out of the mix. It can be set up though, to not add any phuel and just run with the ECM the way it's configured.