Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Sreet Bob with V & H Big Radius "pictures"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 11:53 PM
phreak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Sreet Bob with V & H Big Radius "pictures"

ORIGINAL: italiano

where did you get the pipes from?does it run good with just the download?
ORIGINAL: phreak

Your not going to be phine phor long with only the HD d'l. It is intended phor the more restrictive SE pipes.
You not going to want to run it phor too long with just the download. It is STILL GOING TO BE LEAN! the V&H pipes are phreer phlowing then the SE slip ons that the download is intended phor. Even then the HD Stage 1 download is lean so as to maintain compliance with the EPA. The V&H pipes will create an even LEANER condition endangering your motor.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:18 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

I know the PowerCommander has a special map just for VH Big Radius and the screamin eagle filter kit.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:12 PM
italiano
Tourer

hey i just wanted to find out how bad was the install.the bolts look like a pain in the *** to get to and was wondering if the o2 sensors unplug or do you take them out the pipe before you do anything.my pipes are on the way so im trying to take some notes from someone who has put them on already and if you have any tricks i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 PM
BigDaddy_n_va
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks alot towman just when I thought I had talked myself out of the Big Radius (price is more than I want to spend) you go and post these pics. Man they look great, how loud are they??? and where did you get them???.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:43 PM
italiano
Tourer

hey big daddy i got my big radius from american classic motors they were 675 plus 29.95 shipping but these are on national back order.the other day i ordered mine they had 1 set left after mine and they said that if i put my name on a wait list i could have gotten them for 500 but i didnt want to wait cause he said the wait would be 1 month to 1 year so you can check there.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

[/quote]
Your not going to be phine phor long with only the HD d'l. It is intended phor the more restrictive SE pipes.
[/quote]

What do you mean when you say he won't be fine for long? Just curious because if it's running good now, why would he have an issue in the future? I've heard this before but never get a clear & accurate answer. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:25 AM
phreak
Road Master

It's going to run lean. The lean condition will cause excess heat which can lead to break down of oils, rings, seals, and if left uncorrected phor too long can lead to engine phailure.

It can seem like it's running phine. pheel great, sound great, no popping, none of that schtuff, but if left that way can lead to problems. The download adds a very small amount of extra phuel. The EPA has HD's nutz in a vice, so they will not sell any product that will but the motorcycle outside of the EPA mandated air phuel ratio. The V&H pipes are much less restrictive then the SE mufflers, the download was created phor. Less restriction, greater phlow, and with out the extra phuel, a hotter running engine.

Check the plugz. See if they have a milky white color or a tan color. I'm betting that one of the plugz will be tan, and one white. Wipe them off, put them back in, run it phor another 100 miles or so, then check them again. White plugz are an indication of a lean bike. Tan is what you are looking phor, and brown or black is too rich.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

Good read. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Stucarius
Cruiser

It seems to me that for the price of having the dealer do the download (if there is not danger to the engine as a result) you could just about buy the V&N Feul Pak and adjust the engine to exactly what you want or need to keep it from being too lean.

True? I mean if you have the skill to do everything else the feul pak is pretty much a breeze, right?

Old 02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
phreak
Road Master

Have you heard phrom anyone running the phuelpak on an 06 with no problems?

Maybe their out there, I have yet to hear phrom one. I personally didn't like it.

Quick Reply: 2006 Sreet Bob with V & H Big Radius "pictures"