Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't ya hate it when...PICS ADDED

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008 | 12:50 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
|
Tourer
Default Don't ya hate it when...PICS ADDED

I've had my Bob at the dealer since last Thursday to get some warranty work done and to have it redyno'd with the new pipes on. Based on a conversation I had with them on Saturday I'm pretty sure they are done with it by now (Tuesday afternoon) but I haven't received a call yet. What is it about service providers that they can't call you and let you know your car/truck/bike/TV/computer whatever is ready to go. I don't know how many times I've called the local computer repair places to see if my cpu that I need for work is ready and they say, "Yeah, it's ready." Well why the hell didn't you call me and let me know? How long has it been sitting there? I'm about to call the dealer and see if my bike is ready cause I want to get it today being there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow. We'll see............ I'll post pics and dyno numbers when I get it. Hopefully it will all be good info.

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:08 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Don't ya hate it when.........

I hear ya. Obviously it's more important to you to get your property back than it is for them to let it sit there. However, you'd think they'd want it out of their way and to get paid for the work.

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:10 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Redbeard

I hear ya. Obviously it's more important to you to get your property back than it is for them to let it sit there. However, you'd think they'd want it out of their way and to get paid for the work.
Ain't it the truth!!!

Bike has been at the dealer for a week and a half for a handlebar swap. I finally called to see what 's up and they just ordered the parts a couple days ago.

What gives with these folks?

Sammi

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:12 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sammi

ORIGINAL: Redbeard

Ain't it the truth!!!

Bike has been at the dealer for a week and a half for a handlebar swap. I finally called to see what 's up and they just ordered the parts a couple days ago.

What gives with these folks?

Sammi
maybe they ordered the parts from Chicago HD?? (see my rant)

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:14 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

They had the bike on the 7th and didn't order the cables until the 17th!!!!!

The only saving grace is the weather sucks.

Sammi

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:21 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

ohhh man.[:'(] someone would have some splainin to do or discounts to apply.
I like to present the parts before handor upon bike drop off.

yes, even bold enough to let them know I ordered parts on line.

I have no patience or understanding for such slack attitudes. [:@]

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:40 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rebel Ryder

ohhh man.[:'(] someone would have some splainin to do or discounts to apply.
I like to present the parts before handor upon bike drop off.

yes, even bold enough to let them know I ordered parts on line.

I have no patience or understanding for such slack attitudes. [:@]
Service Manger is the guy doing the work and he seems like a decent enough sort. After our conversation on the 17th he apologized every 10 seconds in-between saying he was out sick 3 days and one of the techs up and quit.

Bottomline he promised me the bike this Friday with 20% off parts and 50% off labor.

I'm giving him until Friday to make good on his promise.

BTW, I brought it to the dealer because I'm not a wrench, and the indy I had been going to moved out of state.

Sammi

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:52 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior

I find that incompetence is rampant everywhere I look.

JMHO

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:56 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain

Service Manger is the guy doing the work and he seems like a decent enough sort. After our conversation on the 17th he apologized every 10 seconds in-between saying he was out sick 3 days and one of the techs up and quit.

Bottomline he promised me the bike this Friday with 20% off parts and 50% off labor.

BTW, I brought it to the dealer because I'm not a wrench, and the indy I had been going to moved out of state.

Sammi
Every one of us has stepped on his or her tender bits from time to time. What separates the class acts from the aholes is the willingness to own up and make it right. That SM sounds like a class act. If he keeps his promise, do him a favor and take 15 minutes to email the moco about him. It'll mean a lotto have the moco regional rep contact his GM to pass on your satisfaction!

He'll never forget you, and the karma you earn will pay you back with interest.

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:58 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mfuchs2004

Sammi
Every one of us has stepped on his or her tender bits from time to time. What separates the class acts from the aholes is the willingness to own up and make it right. That SM sounds like a class act. If he keeps his promise, do him a favor and take 15 minutes to email the moco about him. It'll mean a lotto have the moco regional rep contact his GM to pass on your satisfaction!

He'll never forget you, and the karma you earn will pay you back with interest.

Good idea.

Sammi

Quick Reply: Don't ya hate it when...PICS ADDED