Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE slip-ons on FI Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006 | 05:17 PM
Mr.Grumpy
|
Advanced
Default SE slip-ons on FI Dyna?

Hi,

I have a set of SE slip-ons that I want to install on my 2004 fuel injected dyna. Do I need to remap the FI and put in a SE/KN air box as well or will the bike's computer be able to compensate for a simple slip-on pipe?

Ken

Old 02-02-2006 | 06:25 PM
LeavenworthJeff
Cruiser
Default RE: SE slip-ons on FI Dyna?

Grumpy_ I recently put SE II on my bike (05 FXDI) before putting the Ness Big Sucker on. I ran it this way for a week until my Air cleaner came in and at the same time had the Downlaod put on the bike. I asked the dealership about doing this, they said I should be ok. The only thing is the ends of the SE would yellow right where the end of the baffle is (I have the baloney cut ones). They were right, but not too bad and I figured with the download richen up the bike a bit it would get sooted over slightly in the future anyway. The bike ran great with just the SE slip ons plus it gives you that Harley sound. I only ran it a week , but it seemed fine to me. It puts the bottleneck on the air cleaner, no more air coming in you should be ok without the download. However for a few dollars more you can get the AC & download and will be happy to know the complete stage 1 is done and don't need to worry about it.

LeavenworthJeff
05 FXDI Silver

Old 02-02-2006 | 06:33 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior

I have the SEII's and the SE A/C, I also invested in the SERT. From everything I read on here, and the actual change in the sound and performance, I feel it was worth every penny. It really felt like a different bike after the work was completed.

Old 02-02-2006 | 06:50 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i just put the slip on's and for about two months and i have slash cuts on mine no yellow or anything it ran real good but i would go ahead and have the flash done even before you get your a.c. it wont hurt none i just put a k.&n. filter in the stock box and it made a world of diffience sound and running.

Old 02-02-2006 | 07:08 PM
Mr.Grumpy
|
Advanced

What is the "flash" or "download"? I assume that it's a dealer thing. How much does it cost?

ken

Old 02-02-2006 | 10:05 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer

Hey MRKICKS, did you install the SERT yourself? I'm about to do a stage 1 and I'm thinking about the SERT. Next year when I do a 95 kit I want to have the SERT to retune.

Old 02-02-2006 | 10:56 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mr.Grumpy

What is the "flash" or "download"? I assume that it's a dealer thing. How much does it cost?

ken
Yes, it is a dealer install. unless you get the sert(screaming eagle race tuner) and do you own tuning.
I was told the stage1 download is about $149 and my dealer said a half hour of labor would be added to that(for 5 minutes of work).[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-03-2006 | 12:56 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior

NO, I know my limitations, and I'd screw it up. Had my dealer take care of it for me. Theres a post that has the SERT instruction manual, and I did read through it, and if you have the time and patience, and a little technical experience, you could do it yourself.

Good luck!

ORIGINAL: theyogawarrior

Hey MRKICKS, did you install the SERT yourself? I'm about to do a stage 1 and I'm thinking about the SERT. Next year when I do a 95 kit I want to have the SERT to retune.