Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding the perfect solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Finding the perfect solo seat

Nick,

TheLepera Barebonesthat I have is great, I have yet to develop a case of sore bottom on it, I usually stop every hour and a half or every hour for an FYI. Havent taken it on any rides longer than that, so I cant speak to its comfort factor for long extended rides. Its suprisingly comfortable for its slim qualities. Top notch quality as well. Other to look are the Low Pro solo from C&C and The HD brawler. Not sure how much the C&C and Brawler will lower the seat height from stock, but the Lepera will drop you an Inch and a Half as well as back an inch or so.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 03-17-2008, 07:12 AM
evil cetane
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Muddyape

I run a Lepera Barebones on mine and have had great luck with it. Looks great and is comfortable. Probably not going to get a 400 mile day out of it but ive ridden as much as a couple hundred in a day with no problems.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40507/86C3909C7B0644AAA0A4860800E92999.jpg[/IMG]

My longest time in my lepera bare bones is 675 miles with no problems.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just put on a Lepera Bare Bones last week. You won't find anything off the shelf any lower profile than the Bare Bones or the Silhouette. It's very comfortable given it's size and makes you feel more in the bike than on it. I haven't had time to give it a long run yet but so far, I haven't felt sore or butt burn at all. I'm not expecting it to be a touring seat and it's not designed to be. But, then again, my experiences with the stock 2-up and stock Bob Solo seats I have have not been that great either on long rides.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True comfort - Mustang Vintage Solo, best deal for a quality, comfortable all day cruising seat, nice style but not particularly low profile.

Style w/a low profile, good for bar hopping, but not very good for all day cruising or touring - Lepera Bare Bones or C&C

Best comfort and low profile (sorta) in a top notch seat - Corbin Hollywood Solo

These are just my experiences, but every one fits on a seat differently so you really need to try them, if you can.

Although some are good looking, none of the harley solos can compete with the above for the price, if comfort is a factor at all, IMHO.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really liking the look of the Lepera seats. Can you only order them online or do they have local distributors? (i.e. J&P etc.) I hate buying a seat without being able to sit on it first. I had my local dealer order an HD Brawler but I like the fact that the Lepera seats lower you and sit you back about an inch. (The fact they are about $100 cheaper doesn't hurt either!)

Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Another vote for the Lepera bare bones. I got mine on ebay.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Muddyape
Road Master

ORIGINAL: evil cetane

ORIGINAL: Muddyape

I run a Lepera Barebones on mine and have had great luck with it. Looks great and is comfortable. Probably not going to get a 400 mile day out of it but ive ridden as much as a couple hundred in a day with no problems.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40507/86C3909C7B0644AAA0A4860800E92999.jpg[/IMG]

My longest time in my lepera bare bones is 675 miles with no problems.

Good to know...riding to York,PA in September from Mass. This gives me hope. I just didnt want to be the guy to say the Barebones was a touring seat.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

I'm really liking the look of the Lepera seats. Can you only order them online or do they have local distributors? (i.e. J&P etc.) I hate buying a seat without being able to sit on it first. I had my local dealer order an HD Brawler but I like the fact that the Lepera seats lower you and sit you back about an inch. (The fact they are about $100 cheaper doesn't hurt either!)
There are dealers that carry them but it varies. You may be able to call Lepera and ask them if there are any local dealers in your area. You can save some money by buying online though. I found a Silhouette on ebay, new in box, for $150. Turned out it was out of stock so they offered to replace it with the Bare Bones, which I was fine with because they are very similar and I was torn between the two anyway. Both seats, retail, run upwards of $200 so I saved a few bucks either way.

I have no problem running any number of miles on any seat. I just may need to stop more often depending on the seat. I can go a tank of gas and then some on my Tallboy seat but I hate the look of it. On all my other seats, I can typically go about an hour before I need to stop but, even then, I only need to stop for a few minutes.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser

Wow guys, thanks for all the great replies and advice. I guess I am not super short (5'9"), it's just I want to be able to show off that rear fender and I like the look of the low profile seat. The seat that comes on the custom is way ulgy IMO.

Nick

Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser

Ok so I looked at both the Lepera Barebones, and the Corbin seat in person. Why doesnt anyone seem to go with the Corbin, am I missing something. Their seat was low profile, more comfortable, and it hid the bolt to the rear of the seat for a cleaner look. Maybe I am missing something, haha.

Nick

Quick Reply: Finding the perfect solo seat