Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock - Garage use??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:28 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Wheel **** - Garage use??

my brother has the one from harbor freight in his garage, ya ya ya harbor freight i know i know... but it works great! he bolted it to a piece of ply and just rolls up and locks it in! done and done! works awesome! i am def going to get a set of me and the girl.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you sure love that Harbor Freight don't ya?

Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master
Default RE: Wheel Chock - Garage use??

ORIGINAL: LtRex

Anyone use one of these in the garage to store/park your scooter? I am thinking if the bike is upright, it would not take us as much room. This one is on eBay for 89.00

[IMG]local://upfiles/51091/4BC47E984A524B62B51CDB7D1ACEA37B.jpg[/IMG]
The only question about the one you are looking at is, there is no adjustment for the size of the front wheel. not sure if it make a big difference but I purchased a Condor and had to adjust it to fit. Bought it at a show in Chitown a few months ago. I fell for the demonstration.... I'm a sucker for that stuff. The samples in the grocery store I buy too.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

its a few miles away... they warntee all their stuff, so when it brakes... and it almost always does with their power tools, you bring it back and they hand you a brand new one... and i am poor. so it works

Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 AM
LtRex
Cruiser

[/quote]

The only question about the one you are looking at is, there is no adjustment for the size of the front wheel. not sure if it make a big difference but I purchased a Condor and had to adjust it to fit. Bought it at a show in Chitown a few months ago. I fell for the demonstration.... I'm a sucker for that stuff. The samples in the grocery store I buy too.
[/quote]

Dynaflyer,

How does it do as far as space saving? I park my bike in the corner of the garage, and believe it or not, the Streetbob takes up more room than the Roadking did. More of a lean.... Does the wheel chock save space because it holds the bike upright? Seems it would.

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I know their tools are pretty crappy. You can find some decent stuff when it comes to odd tools and such for cheap. They even have a couple of decent trailer setups.

Being that their tools are ***, I was a little leary of buying something from Harbor Frieghtthat is supposed to hold my bike up in place.

Maybe I'll stop in there today and check it out for the hell of it.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:41 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer

ORIGINAL: LtRex

Anyone use one of these in the garage to store/park your scooter? I am thinking if the bike is upright, it would not take us as much room. This one is on eBay for 89.00

[IMG]local://upfiles/51091/4BC47E984A524B62B51CDB7D1ACEA37B.jpg[/IMG]
I also have the Condor and love it. I saw it being demonstrated at Laconia last year and was very impressed. Worthy product for sure. I bought the freestanding one that can be also mounted on a trailer.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
LtRex
Cruiser

Jakeiniraq,

First and most important, THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice!

Second, with the Condor, is it something that you can wheel the bike onto/into and walk away from it in the garage without fear of it falling? Or would you always strap it down (which defeats the purpose in my opinion).

Old 03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Once you have the stand adjusted for your tire, you can walk away from the bike. It is very stable and standing straight up, yes, you do save room. Just be cautious about spending $80 on the chock. It has been said that you get what you pay for and I'd be leary about putting my bike in something that I didn't have the confidence in.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

+1

Quick Reply: Wheel Chock - Garage use??