Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why A Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
bjf102106
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why A Dyna?

There are some sweet *** lookin Dynas on this forum....... but why not pick a softail and give it just as much love (i.e. all chrome/ black etc) ?? I'm not trying to start a war but a softail, RK... etc looks so much more "custom"..... don't burn me at the stake dynas look awesome, but b/c of the swing arm/ shocks it cuts that clasic rigid line. Wha makes the Dyna so attractive? I'm a Dyna lover (and soon to be purchaser) but I really like that softail/ rigid look...

Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
paulies 07
Road Captain
Default RE: Why A Dyna?

I didn't like the softtail ride, and I really like the shocks where there supposed to be, also like the raked look of the WG, I guess I just really love the way my bike looks, nothin' against the softtails, to each his own

Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hell are you talking about? Why come to the Dyna forum, say you are buying a Dyna and then talk about how much better the soft tails are customized? I like them all, but you make no sense dude. Not trying to bust your *****- I just hope you were drunk when you started this thread.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
LtRex
Cruiser

Had a Softail and a Roadking, neither ride like a Dyna. As for me, I have a 34" inseam and between the three, the Dyna has the most leg room (and it handles like a dream)! [8D]

Thats why!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,048 Likes on 13,518 Posts

Well thats what it's all about,it's your money so you buy what you want.The dyna is a big American roadburner and is the most versatile of all the Harleys.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Bad Dyna
Intermediate

I wasn't looking for the classic rigid lines (but I do like the look). I love the way my 11" progressive 412's will full chrome covers look on my vivid black streetbob. But, trust me - if I could afford it -I would have one of each model.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

you will not find a soft tail that can cut the twisties like a dyna, the rubber mounted motor is 10 times more responsive IMO than the counterbalanced... and to be honest... i am not scared to show my shocks! i just like the look, if you have ever rode a ridgid you may not be talking the same way (not saying you havent) but have builta few... never again, all my bikes will ahve shocks! big ones, showing them off to the world! nothing against softies... the nighttrain is still one of my fav bikes, but i am still partial to the dyna fam... just pure go and stop... nothing else matters

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once I sat on the Low Rider, I couldn't get off. It's almost as agile as my old Sporty and I thought the Softies were a little clumsier in the front end - just my HO. The Dyna just kind of molds itself to my body and steers itself.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't the softails have a balanced motor? Seems I read that somewhere.

I like the lookwith shocks(she likes the vibration)The handling is sweet..... If I was to get a Softail it would be the 08 custom real nice looking bike!

Donnie

Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 PM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Reasons I decided on my wide glide:

1) The ride of the dyna made me fall in love with it, love rubber mounted and love the feel.
2) The wide glide look, in my opinion, looked classic and sleak
3) Read the other forums (we had a post on this in our family forum) but I think Dyna people are friendly, down to earth people and are good people. So might as well be with like minded people....some of the softail people are a little high on their horse.

Go dyna or go home

Quick Reply: Why A Dyna?