Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why A Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:57 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why A Dyna?

just curious but what classic rigid line ? if your trying to give the impression your riding a hard tail when in reality your riding a mono shock then your a poser before you even buy the first piece of fringed bike night wear.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:41 AM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

I gotmy softail for all the reasons stated above
love the ride
don't need the thing shacking all the time at idle
classic look
I'm an old guy and hardtails were what I rode so classic to me is hardtail look
they are not mono chock but have dual shocks.
come ride with me sometime and we will see who handles better in the twisties.
flame on guys I really like your forum and you have some great looking bikes just not for me
only ones I really don't likeare the baggers. guess I'm not old enough yet
oh ya don't really consider myself a poser but could be. been doing it for 50 years

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/01CD19AEC41247B787768AA654BF5CF3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
dbublitz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For myself, it was going back to the basics of what I love about motorcycles. The simplicity of design without having to "hide" any of the elements that make up the bike. On a sidenote there has always been something "classic" about the superglide since the 70's eraand my age dictates this to mean "old school" look for whatever thats worth. By the way, my mom rode a Heritage Classic, dad rides an Electra Glide Classic, and brother rides a V-Rod. I love them all for different reasons, and feel thats why HD is head & shoulders above the rest of the competition. Depending on "stage of life", financial status, current trends, past trends, "old school", "new school", there is a bike(or more than one in my case!) that speaks to mebut may not do a damn thing for the guy standing next to me. Just a few thoughts that come to mind when I see some of these Dyna vs. Softails, Sportsters vs. Dynas, and all the above vs. Touring bikes discussions. Buy the one that will make you get up in the middle of the night just to walk out into the garage and admire its beauty and allow you to lose yourself for a few moments. Sorry for the long post.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:17 PM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from a Suzuki 1100 I really didn't know WHICH Harley would work for me, but did know I needed to force myself to change my riding style or I'd kill myself. Hence buy an HD :-) So I got the full size Harley that was least expensive and had traditional foot control and handle bar positions. Over the last 5 summers it has worked out very well for me... four large (3,000 mile) and two small trips). I now think an RK Classic would do the trick for me.... just bought a 30 ft boat so am not in a position to change to the RK just yet. Will be very happy with the Dyna Super Glide in the meantime. (If I could afford it, I'd have both bikes! Just might do that!)

Old 03-15-2008, 12:43 PM
mrperez
Road Captain

I used to have a 1200R. I was tired of it and I was going toget a bigger bike as soon as I got back from Deployment. I had done deals with the local HD and decided to buy a Night Train. I was exited as hell. I went to the dealership to pick out my new bike and that's when I saw the Fat Bob. The sales guy made the mistake of putting the Night Train right next to the Fat Bob. I bought the Bob and wow it is a great handling bike and it does the job well. If I could afford it I would get one of each models even the sporty..

[IMG]local://upfiles/53843/4A65F3716F7B4368917A99D1937E589D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 01:31 PM
vandykemc
Tourer

I first wanted to get the ST standard. I even had the paperwork done up on it. I had been looking at the Used Street Bob across the show room floor and I had always loved the look of a bobber. To me the Street Bob's new bobber look completely sold me. I have the dealership swithch deals and I ended up with and brand spanking new 2K7Black Cherry SB they had across the street in the warehouse. Iam a bigguy and it did worry me about the size of the bike and the mid controls, but after riding it through the break in period the mids are great and comfortable IMO. I did put onsome low rider highway peg whichgivesme an option to stretch out on long trips. Basically IMO itdon't matter what bike you have or ride, It's a Harley man Brother hood and the open road. The model webought forms to our since of style,function and performance. Not to mention FUN.Sorry so long.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:29 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: grumpy irish again

I gotmy softail for all the reasons stated above
love the ride
don't need the thing shacking all the time at idle
classic look
I'm an old guy and hardtails were what I rode so classic to me is hardtail look
they are not mono chock but have dual shocks.
come ride with me sometime and we will see who handles better in the twisties.
flame on guys I really like your forum and you have some great looking bikes just not for me
only ones I really don't likeare the baggers. guess I'm not old enough yet
oh ya don't really consider myself a poser but could be. been doing it for 50 years

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/01CD19AEC41247B787768AA654BF5CF3.jpg[/IMG]
I dont have any problem at all showing you my tail lights on a crooked road but my question is just how irish are ya Im third generation my self . happy st patty day to ya.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly I don't know why I got a Dyna.I went in to the shop to buy an Electraglide Standard and saw the flat black bob sitting there. It was the coolest looking Harley I'd ever seen and thats all she wrote.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:19 PM
bjf102106
Novice

LIke I said I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. I have my heart set on a Dyna but I was just looking through some of the pix throughout this forum and the softail DO have great lines.... not that a Dyna doesn't ... I was just wondering what some of you current owners thought about softail vs dyans and why you chose your Dyna is all..... I think it's a fair question.....and if you think the thread is dumb of boring or .... Your not obligated to respond. For all of you that did give honest responses THANKS A MILLION you are all very insightful.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:37 PM
harley50
Cruiser

i owned nothing but sport bikes for most of my riding years. so a dyna seemed like the right bike to switch to. handles good its small, light weight "for a harley"

Quick Reply: Why A Dyna?