Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable bags...pics...help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
rob_will
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Detachable bags...pics...help?

I second the easybrackets. I did mine over two years ago with sattlemen drifter slants. have not had a single problem.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rob.will...84029635234066

Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rounder

those leatherpro/boss bags already come with the mounting hardware installed on the bags? By this did they set them up so that they are angled like db252 or did he do that.... personally I like a bag that is parallel to the ground so this is why I ask for my own curiosity. Also while you did not have to relocate turn signals on your bobtail fender will those with the standard fender like the op and myself need to relocate?

I can see in the picture how it gives the illusion that they are angled but they are definitely not. The bottom of the bags are parallel with the ground.

The bags have mounting 'plates' attached to the bags and the hardware goes on the bike which is supplied by the company.

If your model requires your turn signals to be relocated, they sell that as well but I am unaware of the price.

There are so many choices/options/styles to go with it can be frustrating. Definitely shop around until your sure. I did.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:45 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: db252

Yes, Leather Pros is the brother of the owner of Boss Bags so they are very similar. Cory, I'm not sure but the difference I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, you can't lock those to the bike but you can lock the lids, correct? They also have 2 cam arms in the bag to secure them that impeded on some storage space for me. They are top notch bags though identical to the Boss Bags and you can see that in their web site similarities.
ypu can lock the lids also you can lock the rearcam inside bag theres a loop by the cam for padlock

Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

those leatherpro/boss bags already come with the mounting hardware installed on the bags? By this did they set them up so that they are angled like db252 or did he do that.... personally I like a bag that is parallel to the ground so this is why I ask for my own curiosity. Also while you did not have to relocate turn signals on your bobtail fender will those with the standard fender like the op and myself need to relocate?
mounting hrdwar is installed on bag and they are parallel to ground.you will need to relocate turn signals with standard fender

[IMG]local://upfiles/9202/7C5D69F29E0745058AE09F133B4409C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2008, 01:10 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

+2 on the Boss Bags. Very nice, EZ on and off and love the locking features. The strap is also adjustable where you can strap down a jacket if your bags are full. I believe my bags on my '97 Wide Glide can hold 31 12oz cans.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: db252

I can see in the picture how it gives the illusion that they are angled but they are definitely not. The bottom of the bags are parallel with the ground.

The bags have mounting 'plates' attached to the bags and the hardware goes on the bike which is supplied by the company.

If your model requires your turn signals to be relocated, they sell that as well but I am unaware of the price.

There are so many choices/options/styles to go with it can be frustrating. Definitely shop around until your sure. I did.
yeah the pix make them look parallel to the strut not the ground....thanks for the help on this.
edit: took a closer look at the close up pix and I see how they are parallel to the ground.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

db252,
Went for a ride today & noticed that unlike your fender strut that has 2 hinges on it plus the rear turn signal, my quick-release detachable sissy-bar fender strut has only 1 hinge on it plus a hinged rear turn signal that the rear part of the sissy-bar bracket snaps into. So, I probabaly would need to chnage my fender strut then right? Look at the pic below of my current fender strut...

Old 03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you don't want to mess with saddlebags you could always get a luggage rack like the one on my bike from Motherwells.I can fit these 2 bags on it at the same time...
Nelson Rigg 250 Deluxe bag

Sac rollbag

UnfortunatelyI don't have a pic of them both on the bike at the same time.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
db252
Road Captain

FXDC,

I see what your talking about. You would need the turn signal relocation kit which they sell as well. I don't know but I don't think you can change the fender struts if you wanted to keep the same 'styling' but someone else will have to chime in cause I don't know. Do you know??

Here is the kit from their web site:

TURN SIGNAL RELOCATION
Optional item for turn signal relocation:
Lowriders & Superglides

License plate Laydown & turn signal relocation kit
$125 This option is for all Dynas (not DWG), Softails and Sportsters without a bob tail fender. Comes preassembled. Buying it preassembled saves a lot of time on installation. Yellow lens are standard, red available on request.

$70 w/o signals (using your old turn signals). This option is only for 2001 and older models. Will require you to drill a small hole into your rear fender for routing the wires.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Electech
6th Gear

Check out leatherlyke.com. Bags are abs plastic with a wrinkle finish that looks like leather. Quick to take off and put on, lockable, and if you want you can ice down drinks in them and they won't leak. About $540 for my StreetBOB. I will try to get you some pics.