Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Slip ons and engine dies

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
jrsmith_80
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Slip ons and engine dies

I just got some SEII slip-ons and put them on today and went out for a spin. The SEII's sound really nice. Anyways, the bike runs fine until you let the motor come to an idle, then it slowly drops and then the engine dies. Is this because I dont have a download or a PCIII? The bike seems to run just fine, not to hot or anything. If I need th get a download, I have a questions. First, do they just do a dowload to the stock ECM or do I need to buy the SERT? All that I have done to the bike is the slip-ons, no AC or anything else , motor wise. Thanks for the help. I know this has probably been covered before but I could not find anything about it by doing a search.

Jeremy

Old 03-11-2008, 05:27 PM
storm8732
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: New Slip ons and engine dies

That is a totally new issue to me. I along with many others have changed just the mufflers with no ill effect on the performance. It sounds to me like you have other issues going on. I am not sure what they may be.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

ORIGINAL: storm8732

That is a totally new issue to me. I along with many others have changed just the mufflers with no ill effect on the performance. It sounds to me like you have other issues going on. I am not sure what they may be.
Just out of curiosity could it have anything to do with the fact that I am only running 89 octane fuel, cuz that is all I can get in this tiny town?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
wkdavistx
Tourer

Could be.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm reasonably certain it's not the result of your new exhaust and I would doubt the 89 octane fuel would cause it to not idle properly (die at stops). If it continues, I would contact your dealer and let them check it. Assuming of course, it is a new/fairly new bike.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
jnogreen
Cruiser

my bike doesnt like low octane fuel either.... Try some octane boost....

Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 PM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

I'm reasonably certain it's not the result of your new exhaust and I would doubt the 89 octane fuel would cause it to not idle properly (die at stops). If it continues, I would contact your dealer and let them check it. Assuming of course, it is a new/fairly new bike.
The reason that I think it is the pipes is because it just started happening to day and I just installed the slip-ons today. The bike was bought in July or August of 07 si it is still under warranty. I just fond it really stange that all of the sudden this started happeing the same time the mufflers were installed.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:11 PM
SilverSpark
Novice

If the original mufflers were put back on you would know if it's the new SEII or not. But I doubt it.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,065 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Jeremy, first thing is to check for trouble codes.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_650106/tm.htm

mud

ORIGINAL: jrsmith_80

I just got some SEII slip-ons and put them on today and went out for a spin. The SEII's sound really nice. Anyways, the bike runs fine until you let the motor come to an idle, then it slowly drops and then the engine dies. Is this because I dont have a download or a PCIII? The bike seems to run just fine, not to hot or anything. If I need th get a download, I have a questions. First, do they just do a dowload to the stock ECM or do I need to buy the SERT? All that I have done to the bike is the slip-ons, no AC or anything else , motor wise. Thanks for the help. I know this has probably been covered before but I could not find anything about it by doing a search.

Jeremy

Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

Jeremy, first thing is to check for trouble codes.

mud

ORIGINAL: jrsmith_80

Jeremy
<ud, thanks for pointing that out, I completely forgot about doing that I will check real quick and get right back on here with the results

Quick Reply: New Slip ons and engine dies