Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tank lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:58 AM
stillridin42703
|
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tank lift

need pics of 2 and 3 inch tanks lifts,,,,and how the fuel line was ran

Old 03-06-2008 | 11:04 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: tank lift

ORIGINAL: stillridin42703

Here's my 2 inch jackyl lift. You don't need a new crossover with the 2" lift.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/D10E2D9D56E849C4BE549FCCCC3FDFC9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/41150/95BD0AC190A144F2BD5B14D1DD1AEFEB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-06-2008 | 11:42 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: stillridin42703

I have an 07 Lowrider and the 2" Jackyl lift kit was pretty easy, but there was one issue that the directions didnt address. The fuel line is no problem (although I did disconnect it, quick disconnect fitting) but the problem was the evap. line. It is connected to the frame with a plastic connector, I could not lift the tank high enough (even 2") without removing the snap connector off the frame.

My fuel guage is 1/4 - 1/8 off but the usable fuel isnt affected since the fuel line connects near the back bottom.

Sorry, I don't have a pic to post right now.

B

Old 03-06-2008 | 12:31 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

On the 2" I just had to replace the fuel line due to rubbing through so better to fit a new one at install.

Old 03-06-2008 | 12:45 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

The fuel line is no problem (although I did disconnect it, quick disconnect fitting) but the problem was the evap. line. It is connected to the frame with a plastic connector, I could not lift the tank high enough (even 2") without removing the snap connector off the frame.

My fuel guage is 1/4 - 1/8 off but the usable fuel isnt affected since the fuel line connects near the back bottom.
The evap line dynamite is talking about may vary from one bike to the next. Mine is pulled tight but I did not have to replace it. Jackyl does include a longer replacement line in the kit though should you need it.

3" lift will most likely require replacing the crossover line as well.

My fuel gauge was off before the lift and now is close to perfect with it - go figure...

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:13 PM
paisleysdaddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a dumb question....... What's with a tank lift? I guess I haven't really noticed much of a benefit from a cosmetic or mechanical standpoint. Can anyone elaborate??? (sorry if this sounds dumb, but I won't know if I don't ask)

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:23 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: paisleysdaddy

I got a dumb question....... What's with a tank lift? I guess I haven't really noticed much of a benefit from a cosmetic or mechanical standpoint. Can anyone elaborate??? (sorry if this sounds dumb, but I won't know if I don't ask)
It allows more of the engine heat to come up to your body instead of being trapped under the tank.

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:26 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

On the 2" I just had to replace the fuel line due to rubbing through so better to fit a new one at install.

Are you sure it was the fuel line and not the evap tube (rubber tube going in with wire bundle on top/front of the tank)?

The fuel line is under the tank on the left side and has a quick disconnect fitting. There was no stress on that at all in my installation.

Old 03-06-2008 | 01:30 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

Are you sure it was the fuel line and not the evap tube (rubber tube going in with wire bundle on top/front of the tank)?

The fuel line is under the tank on the left side and has a quick disconnect fitting. There was no stress on that at all in my installation.
Doh ... I meant the crossover at the front of the tank ...

Old 03-06-2008 | 02:36 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: paisleysdaddy

Two things. First, as someone pointed out, it is supposed to allow more air over the engine for better cooling. But, I venture to say the real reason most of us have it is cosmetic. It gives the bike a mild chopped look. It's one of those things people may notice and still have no idea what you did. Can't beat it for the price. For me, I liked the look and it also corrected my fuel gauge issues and put the tank at a better angle in relation to my handlebars and also allows me to read my dash mounted speedo better without having to take my eyes completely off the road. Nobody expects everyone to like or to buy one. Just like other mods, they aren't to everyone's taste.

Quick Reply: tank lift