Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tank lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 02:41 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: tank lift

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

Doh ... I meant the crossover at the front of the tank ...
My crossover now touches the frame and I am keeping an eye on it. But, it should be fine according to jackyl. There isn't anything rough there that should rub a hole.

Old 03-06-2008 | 02:46 PM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to change both my lines, both were cut short in production I guess.
Times must have been tough that week at the factory.

Realistically, I had had a piece of fuel line laying around, and the other tube was under $1 at the hardware store.

At first the tank lift was for cosmetic reasons, but since I did my tank change, (from FXD to Lowrider) it turns out that I will be making a newtank lift,and use the top of it for my indicator lights.

Yeah, I'll post pics, I just thought of the idea last night. Gimme a few days to make the part.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39969/080D40EF51C3442EBA459C89719E6D94.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-06-2008 | 06:11 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

I meant the crossover at the front of the tank ...
My crossover now touches the frame and I am keeping an eye on it. But, it should be fine according to jackyl. There isn't anything rough there that should rub a hole.
It was after about 10k miles and I ride a lot of rough roads ... but it had worn grooves in the hose so I replaced... worth keeping an eye on.

Old 03-06-2008 | 06:27 PM
wolfydude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a Jackyl 2" tanklift on my 2007 superglide custom and i love the look,i had no probs with the cross over pipe at front,plus i still have plenty of play left on it.
Wolfy

Old 03-06-2008 | 08:46 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

Doh ... I meant the crossover at the front of the tank ...

I ordered this braided fuel line to replace my crossover from JP

LINK

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:06 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's also not forget that a 2" tank life makes it a simple matter to clean the top of the cylinder heads - your hand will fit under the tank with the tank lift in place. This is not possible to do without a tank lift or without lifting up the tank.

Regarding the crossover hose touching the frame - what I did was take an old piece of fuel line, about 4" or so, cut it open, and fit it over the crossover hose where it touches the frame. Problem solved forever for about $.15.

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:15 PM
Riven_wolf
Novice

i installed a Jackyl 2" lift very quickly and easly. But i did have to slot the rear tank mount some due toupper triple tree bolt hitting tank when getting off bike. I also stole the nut off the rear tank bolt so that both front nuts matched. And also had to replace the evap line.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44795/4AB0F12A062F4415A8E5432146674713.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-06-2008 | 10:23 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

I don't recommend the 3" tank lift at all.....................[8D]
It looks too nice, makes it easier to refuel, fuel gauge is more visible, fits the seat nicer to the tank, creates less turbulence than the stock setup, makes it easier to clean the rocker covers, and may even allow the engine to run cooler, makes you feel like you are sitting more down in the frame........... this can't be a useful mod

DougJ

Old 03-07-2008 | 09:55 AM
BoomSoon
Tourer

OK indulge me here please. I am a first time bike owner(FXDB Black Denim), had for a year. Lovin every minute of it. So what is the real need and want to get a tank lift kit? Look? Airflow? Or what? Thanks BTY- incredible site. More information than you could pay for.

Old 03-07-2008 | 10:11 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BoomSoon

OK indulge me here please. I am a first time bike owner(FXDB Black Denim), had for a year. Lovin every minute of it. So what is the real need and want to get a tank lift kit? Look? Airflow? Or what? Thanks BTY- incredible site. More information than you could pay for.
Let's face it, it's a look thing. However, the side benefits are it makes the rocker covers easier to clean and it allows more air to flow over them for cooling. If you look at the tank lift in the J&P catalog, it cites all of those reasons to buy it. But who is going to lift their tank if they don't like the look just to clean their rocker covers? You can remove 1 bolt to do that and put it back like it was. However, don't pay $60 for theirs if you want one. Look up Jackyl here and order it from him. Top quality stuff at half the price.

Quick Reply: tank lift