Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander III USB

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Rattbone
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander III USB

Just wondering how hard it will be to install the power commander on my Fat Bob. Is it as simple as plugging it in and driving away? Apparently, FuelMoto will send it to me already programmed. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to fasten it to the Fat Bob? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will also need to install a Big Sucker air cleaner, but I'm assuming that will be very simple.

-Ratt

Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
YesterdaysCorn
Cruiser
Default RE: Power Commander III USB

I will have an answer for you in a few days....lol I just called Jamie today and ordered one up for the FB. All I have heard is it's a tight fit.

Enjoy.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 AM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put one on mine, I love it. I had trouble getting mine to set right where the instuctions said so i just tacked it under the seat, kinda wedged it in, very easy to do a remap if you mod further like I did, Fuel Moto was my choice as well.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't care what anyone says it is a pain in the azz to get in that small space so be ready to cuss and **** and moan as you cram it in there. I honestly don't like how mine went in following the directions and i may go back and do something diff before the weather turns and i start riding alot.

I also bought some dielectric grease as i have been told i would regret it if i dont' put some on the connectors.

Personnelly i think it sucks how it has to fit in the bike but there just isn't much room in there unless you start modifiying and iam thinking of taking the stock ecm loose and moving it like some others have and making me some room.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:47 AM
dirico1266
Tourer

i put one in my 07 bob. It is a tight fit. I wish it were easier because I had to remap it a few weeks ago and had to take the seat off and basically take out all the screws for the installation to get to the usb port. There has to ba a better way.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM
dynaglide07
Intermediate

it is easy to install. i have one from fuelmoto, but i had taken it to hd and let them put it in and check to make sure it was pre progamed and it was,i would have did ity my self but had other things done as well. i installed it but let them check it out. go for it, you wont be sorry.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
paisleysdaddy
Advanced

Easy hookup, but the recommended placement is horrible. I put one on my street bob and ended up having to put it under the seat too. If you move the cabling around in there enough, it fits in there tight, but secure and easier to access when you need to hook up to it or even pull it out for that matter.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
strich
Tourer

Updating the map is simple as long as the PC is sitting right under the seat. Putting it there and making it fit was one of the most frustrating experiences i've had working on the bob. Took hours just to get everything plugged in correctly and get it situated so you could put the seat back on while not pinching wires or crushing the PC.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
YesterdaysCorn
Cruiser

Just installed the PCIII on my FatBob....... First off FuelMoto rocks[sm=icon_rock.gif] Great price, quick delivery and pre-loaded map. Installation is very tight and deffinetly takes some patience (about 2 hours).....small hands would be a plus, if ya havesausage finger hands add an hour... Performance is kick Azz, really woke the bike up.......Runs soooo much better, by far the best Mod I have done.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Ride safe

Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you leave the USB cable installed? I put mine in a ziplock baggie behind the fuse box cover. I haven't had to mess with it since my dyno tune, but I turn the accellersator pump on and off now and then.

Quick Reply: Power Commander III USB