Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got destroyed in the Sportster Room

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I got destroyed in the Sportster Room

ORIGINAL: Mandog
They are way too sensitive over there. I learned my lesson and I am glad to be back here where I belong.
+1

Seems like they got a little bit thinner skin over there. To each his own, but it's hard to argue with facts!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
htc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sniper77

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

I don't like to hear anyone bashing anyones ride, either ... They are all good bikes in my opinion....But I don't think I know of anyone who believes they 'can't ride' their bike because it was 'too much engine' for them to handle. I have even driven some suped up bikes in my time with BIG power and have never had a problem .... AND I'M A GIRL!
Touche'......

Anything said after this point doesn't know the fight has ended and the arena is empty...
So true! LOL ;-)

Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

funy thing about the "girl bike" perception.... I see more women on baggers than any other bike down here in Tampa area.....the sportster owners tend to be men that have not grayed or are all the way grey in these here parts..... probably not a RUB in the lot of em...

Old 03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
outback2970
Cruiser

Not trying to fuel the fire, but my 2003 1200XLH with SE Ac, ThunderSlide and SEII slip-ons ( Basic Stage 1 )would eat my 2003 FXDWG with SE AC and VH Big Shots ( Basic Stage1 )from light to light for lunch. Thats not "heard it from my bud", it's my experience. I traded the Sporty for the Dyna and not sorry for one second, but I'll miss ole Duddley.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM
MDodson
Road Master

It has holes in the rocker boxes. I like my girls with holes

Old 03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
harper764
Banned

yea, i made that same mistake when i told them over at xlforum.net that i was moving UP to a street bob....bad idea.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be close.My dyno tunedStage 1 Low Rider would stand a good shot against my carbed Stage 1 Roadster light to light. The Roadster wins. VROD beats all comers.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
bikecop40
Tourer

I bought a Sporty new in 06 and got bit by the Harley bug, rode the little thing everywhere even in the rain! then one day I took the bike to the dealer to get some HD junk put on it, the salesman says bringing in the little ladies bike for some goodies???

Traded it in that week for a mans bike even though it has a girls name D Y N A

D/C

Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 PM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

I've owned a couple of 1200 sporties in the past. They were both the wife's bikes but she let me ride 'em once in a while. The '01 was an 883/1200 conversion with forged pistons with stock heads and cams (don't know why my nephew built it that way-it was his bike first) and it would bury the 120 mph speedy pretty easily. It could'nt take my built FXRS but it was no slouch. I've owned 3 twin cams and none of them in stock or stage one form, would come close to touching that sporty in a race. I don't know where You got your HP figures for a 1200 sporty, mandog. You also claim to have experience between your TC big twins and your 883. An 883 is a moped compared to a 1200. Not even close to the same bike.
Tim

Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Terp84Alum
Road Master

As far as I'm concerned, a bike is a bike. I love them all, Harley's, Suzuki's, Triumph's, you name it. If you ride, regardless of what you ride, you're alright with me.

Quick Reply: I got destroyed in the Sportster Room