Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiance Crisis

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
GunnerIke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiance Crisis

I've only been riding for about 6 months or so (not even that much due to WA winters), so relatively new to the whole thing, gettin my feet wet, learnin my bike and the ride, all that good stuff.

(Dirty little secret #1: This '08 streetbob is my first bike)

I'm talking to my fiance about getting a bike and when I get to CA (San Diego), gettin into the scene down there a little bit. Maybe take a weekend and ride to Vegas, ***** like that.

Therein lies the problem...

She wants a Vespa[:'(]. A pink one[:'(][:'(]. With a pink helmet and jacket[:'(][:'(][:'(]!!! I'm tryin to think of a bike to recommend for her and I'm honestly at a loss. She's 5'8", 'bout 130lbs (tiny little thing...) so it's got to be something light/easy to handle. Like I said, my first time on a bike, but I can handle my own on the road. I'm not so sure about her though.

Any recommendations from you guys would be greatly appreciated and considered intelligent (if not biased) opinions. I'm tryin to stick with Dyna's but will sway if there's something out there more fitting her.

Thanks in advance (again....)

Gunner

Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Fiance Crisis

Virago 250... awesome bike... my girl rides one... great learner/midlevel bike... get used to the pink thing man... mine is the same way... whatever... i think its cool, i let her choose how she wants it customized an i do it... she wants it shot pink, i am mixing pink in the booth the next weekend... it is cool to have a girl that rides... you should see all the heads that turn when she pulls up on her bike all lit up rolling in with a bunch of trick bikes...
here is the link to the thread i started a few days ago
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2966967/tm.htm

Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
GunnerIke
Advanced

The pink thing's not that big of a deal, that's her thing.

It's the vespa thing that irks me. I just keep picturin kickin it over in my mind. Then she cries, then I'mcouch campin for a month. Nothing good can come from this.

I'll take her around a bit when I get down there. Thanks mang.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you want some pics of Maria's bike (my girl) just let me know, i can email them to you...they have swayed many a vespa buyer and female to become riders

Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: GunnerIke

The pink thing's not that big of a deal, that's her thing.

It's the vespa thing that irks me. I just keep picturin kickin it over in my mind. Then she cries, then I'mcouch campin for a month. Nothing good can come from this.

I'll take her around a bit when I get down there. Thanks mang.
Sorry, I don't know all bikes and all things but isn't a Vespa a scooter? If so, it should be argument enough against it that she can't keepup with you on something like that.

By the way, if she's 5'8", she should have no problem straddling any of the sporties or dynas. Her weight isn't an issue. Almost none of us weighs as much or more than our bikes do.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best advise I can give is put her in the MSF Motorcycle Safety Course. That will give her the confidence she needs to hit a bigger bike. If she still insist on a scooter (like my wife) then buy yourself a good solo and a good 2 up seat. Put the solo on hang the 2 up in the garage (where mine is 99.9999% of the time) and enjoy riding without her. Safety course may really fix it. She will want to go more or be all done.....

My wife is way too girly for my riding.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont get hung up on her riding h-d , let her make up her own mind the best thing you could do is get her to take the msf course she would learn on a 250 street bike and be more inclined to go that route after the class . the virago is a good starter bike so is the honda rebel , buell blast, kawasaki 250 ninja and ninja 500 all are light enough for her to handle until she gets the balance thing down pat. I dont know about you but things go alot better with women when they think something is there idea , thats all Im saying.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
GunnerIke
Advanced

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a harley and she is going to go through the course (I think she has to even for a vespa). Good input though, and I think I'm gonna have to go with what Out1aw said about the seats.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

listen a vespa will take forever 2 get to vegas for 1, 2 im 5'8" and her at the same height can def handle a sporty with some practice!!!! do what lowrider sais put her in the training course.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
RJM2096
Cruiser

I like Out1aw's suggestion about her taking a riding course.

Plus one should never talk someone into getting a bike forones own satisfaction. Riding is fun, but can be dangerous. Let her slowly work into this lifestyle. [sm=rant.gif]

Quick Reply: Fiance Crisis