Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiance Crisis

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fiance Crisis

[sm=exactly.gif] I coudn't agree more. I wouldn't encourage anybody to get a bike. They are too damn dangerous. I've lost too many friends over the years.

If she does decide to get one I woudn't advise her to get a Vespa. They're OK for pottering around town doing a bit of shopping but out on the open road they are useless. The small wheels are a problem and they handle like crap especially on bad surfaces. Also. they can't keep up with the speed of other traffic on the road.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I agree, enroll her in a MSF course so she canget a taste ofthe fun. You might also talk to her about how fast she will out grow a Vespa, as well as what other have said (will not go hi-way speeds, poor handeling on any kind of rough road, etc.)

Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About a week ago my wife wanted to get her first bike , a 08 Dyna Low Perl White, I told her ok. Well she backed out of the deal and and is going to Riders Edge in 2 weeks. I told her that once she starts riding her perspective on bikes might change, she finaly agrees.I am trying to talk her into a 08 Super Glide or 08 Nightster, she's not a big sportster fan though. I am glad shes waiting on the course first though. She's ridden on the back for years , so she knows the risks, its just a different ball game when your in control. As far a bike size goes I ve seen some pretty small chicks riding Fat Boys. I know of one at work thats about 5'7 90lbs wet and she rides a Fat Boy. I personaly wouldnt put my wife on anything that doesnt have the power to get her out of trouble.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

especially in california the traffic is dangerous!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
GunnerIke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She wants to get out and ride, I'd like to think I'm not pressuring her, at least, she hasn't said anything to me. She gets all excited whenever we talk about it, so I know she's got the desire for it.

I wouldn't really want her to get on a bike without the course first of all. Secondly, she wouldn't be able to ride it on base w/o that instruction anyway. I talked it up so much after completing it, that she's looking forward to it.

I mainly just wanted to know a good type of bike for the 'girly-girl' and after showing her some pics and websites and such, she wants to go check a couple out.

Thanks all for the advice and such, starting to seem (talked to her at lunch) that she just said she wanted a pink vespa to get under my skin...[:@] Well, it worked, she won.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well let her get the vespa.... she will see the errors of her ways and quickly find herself on an 883L... then again you may be turned and the two of you will ride hard vespa style.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
GunnerIke
Advanced

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

If she insists on a scooter, get her a Suzuki Burgman 650.

Only problem is: Then you can't keep up with her.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,798 Likes on 2,539 Posts

The idea about a MSF course is a good one, another choice for a bike for her would be a suzuki 800 intruder, low seat height, has enough power to ride at speed with you, shaft drive a metric
V-twin, the 883 hugger is a good choice also.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

I wouldn't do a Vespa. In the Piaggio line they have the X9 which is a 500cc, or the radical 3 wheel (2 FRONT wheel!) mp3 500, also a 500.
But if she wants a step-through (which is the only reason I can think she wants a Vespa) she should check out the Asian market step-throughs. While I'm here I'll look at some sites for you:
Suzuki Burgman 650 or 400
Kawasaki-nuthin'
Yamaha- Majesty is about a 400, Morpheus or somethin like that, but it's only a 250

Gilly

Quick Reply: Fiance Crisis