Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:34 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Default RE: I love my C&C

Greg -

just an FYI although sounds like you may have already narrowed down your options, the Mustang Vintage Solo standard width moves you BACK about 1" from stock, and is a little taller than stock (until broken in?). Very high quality and easily found for around $160. Maybe not quite as sleek as some others (C&C, LePera, etc), but looks great and it is very comfortable and narrows nicely towards the front so legs plant on the ground easily despite slight increase in height. Corbin also makes a quality solo seat (Hollywood model) in leather. A bit firmer than most for the first few hundred miles as it molds itself to your butt, and a little more money (although they did just lower their prices), but great quality and comfort on long rides (a Trotter thumbs up BTW).

Chip

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:19 AM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: I love my C&C

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Greg -

just an FYI although sounds like you may have already narrowed down your options, the Mustang Vintage Solo standard width moves you BACK about 1" from stock, and is a little taller than stock (until broken in?). Very high quality and easily found for around $160. Maybe not quite as sleek as some others (C&C, LePera, etc), but looks great and it is very comfortable and narrows nicely towards the front so legs plant on the ground easily despite slight increase in height. Corbin also makes a quality solo seat (Hollywood model) in leather. A bit firmer than most for the first few hundred miles as it molds itself to your butt, and a little more money (although they did just lower their prices), but great quality and comfort on long rides (a Trotter thumbs up BTW).

Chip
I know they are all great seats or they wouldn't still be around. But, in my case, I definitely don't want anything taller than the stock seat. I like the look of the Leperas and the C&C's and may end up with one of those. But, I'm going to give Mean City a try first to see what they can do for me on the stock seat. I like the memory foam idea and Allen is telling me he can do memory foam, shave it down, and move me back an inch or so for $90.

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:23 AM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Solo Seat Suggestions

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Greg, I'm glad you posed this question. I think when I'm home I'm going to look into having my Brawler Solo modified. I love how it looks on my bike, but it pushes me too far forward and I end up sitting on the rear lip of the seat.
I do the same thing on my bob seat sometimes. It's actually not all that uncomfortable. I will certainly post pix and progress and thoughts on what Mean City does for me. I don't know yet how long it will take because he did say he was understaffed and backlogged. But, they do take appointments so you don't have to send your seat in until the day before it is scheduled to get done and they will ship it out the same day they complete the work - kind of cool. I see that they are in NC as I am but I don't recognize the name of the town nor can I place the area code. So, I'll assume driving the seat to them is not really an option.

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:38 AM
Rick06
Tourer

I have 18K on my Mustang Solo Vintage, it is a great solo seat.

Old 03-04-2008 | 09:19 AM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

+1 for C&C!

[IMG]local://upfiles/47002/A64C8EB5747B4A17A9E7BC25E9F34925.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47002/528BD0B476454421B1F3B903516818BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-04-2008 | 09:26 AM
kerry_okie
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Keeg

Mustang Wide vintage solo. Not slim by any means, but very comfortable and keeps you firmly planted in the saddle.
+1. Best money I've spent on the bike yet.

-- kerry --

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:25 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

2007fxdc, I noticed you've got the Bare Bones now...did you actually do business with Mean City and weren't satisfied, or just opt for the Lepera instead?

Old 05-28-2008 | 02:51 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less

ORIGINAL: Chipstah

Love my Mustang Vintage Solo standard width! Looks good and all day comfort.

Just put the Mustang solo on the bike with motherwellrack. Very comfortable well made seat.

Still have the Danny Gray for two-up when needed.

Old 04-13-2012 | 03:43 AM
Tepidy
Tourer

Mustang Solo is a great seat

Old 04-13-2012 | 08:17 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

As you can see from my picture I changed mine for a Corbin with an oval back - I find it great and good for lower back pain on long rides........

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Suggestions