Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:30 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Default RE: Solo Seat Suggestions

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

I totally agree with ED.

The Lepera is a top notch high quality seat. I was pleasantly surprised at how well built it is. The finish is great.

If you're looking for pillow plush, then this is obviouslynot your seat, but it is surprisingly comfortable for how thin it is.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom, thanks for your reply. I was actually going to pm you and ask what seat you had because I saw it in another post and that is what prompted me to create this thread to begin with. Looks like we have similar taste in our super glide looks. Love that silver paint. Do you have the bare bones or the silhouette solo?
Thanks for the compliments. Right back at yah =)
I have the Bare Bones. I love the slammmmmmed look as well.

When I was deciding between solo seatsmy decisionboiled down to the Lepera Bare Bones, theC&C low pro, and the HD Brawler seat, all of them looked good to me, and honestly that was my main concern with regard to a seat.

I never assumed that any of them would be comfort pillows.

Like ED,I rarely ride for more than an hour any given time.

Just an fyi on my experience with regard to extended rides and the comfort factor.
For all I know after 2-3 hoursof non stop riding I may want to burn it, if you know what I mean.

After all is said and done, I am completely pleased with the look, build quality, andcomfort/look quotientof the seat.

Good luck on the decision.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:38 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer

Here is a good shot of it

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:40 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

I had the Mustange Vintage solo for a while. While I could ride for a while and not get sore, it never felt "right". Seemed that it was perching me way up and felt like I was riding "on it" rather than "in it". Could be due to my height. The Mustang does not move you back.

The unfortunate thing about seats and exhausts is that you just never know until you've shelled out the $. Once I accepted this fact - I realized I'm just going to take my lumps reselling on ebay if I don't like something. I think I'm at a combo that works, but the seat is not a solo.

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:41 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

I LOVE my H-D Brawler solo seat! A little pricey, but worth every penny IMO! Fits the contour of the bike perfectly (not too slim & not too bulky) & very comfortable. I rode on this seat for almost 3 hours non-stop once to Conneticut from MA & I was fine. The back "lip" does feel as though it pushes you forward just a bit, but nothing major or that's going to take away from your overall ridin' position comfort. Recommended 110%!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-03-2008 | 06:50 PM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member

I just got an email from Allen at Mean City. Apparently he's shortstaffed and backlogged but, for $90, he can make mine a slimmed down version with memory foam and he can slide me back 1.25 to 1.5". I may go with that.

FXDC, I remember when you got your Brawler. It looks good and I'm sure it's comfortable but I was a bit worried too about it pushing me forward. The Leperas look like they might let me slide back in the saddle when I want but, I can have my seat customized with memory foam for half the price of a barebones so I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Old 03-03-2008 | 09:25 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Greg, I'm glad you posed this question. I think when I'm home I'm going to look into having my Brawler Solo modified. I love how it looks on my bike, but it pushes me too far forward and I end up sitting on the rear lip of the seat.

Old 03-03-2008 | 09:42 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

bare bones

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:23 PM
hec4sc
Intermediate
Default I love my C&C

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:47 PM
96 Wide Glide
Road Master
Default RE: I love my C&C

You have a solo seat now..... Whats wrong with what you have?

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:51 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Default RE: I love my C&C

Another vote for the Lepera - I also have the pillion pad. Great quality and pretty good comfort. I've put on 150 miles in a day with no problems.

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Suggestions