Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 01:35 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Solo Seat Suggestions

I like the LePera as well but I rarely ride more than an hour at a time.After an hour on the Lepera your ready to get off not necessarily in pain just ready for a break.Truth be told I've never liked riding for more than that on any seat not even in my car.Oh and the best thing about the LePera is the price I think it's around 150 not including shipping.

Old 03-03-2008 | 01:39 PM
the metal
Banned

nice looking seats. hard to pick a favorite

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:10 PM
Keeg
Tourer

Mustang Wide vintage solo. Not slim by any means, but very comfortable and keeps you firmly planted in the saddle.

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:16 PM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Keeg

Mustang Wide vintage solo. Not slim by any means, but very comfortable and keeps you firmly planted in the saddle.
I don't have trouble staying in the saddle now. That's a nice looking seat and I am sure it's comfortable but I think it might push me too far forward and hold me there. The Lepara looks like it might have room and be shaped such that I can push all the way to the back of it if I want. The guy at Mean City says he can pull be back another inch and a half by modifying the bob seat I've got. I'm starting to think that's the way I need to go. I'm just convinced that they can make it that much more comfortable but it may be cheap enough to see.

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:19 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

I like the LePera as well but I rarely ride more than an hour at a time.After an hour on the Lepera your ready to get off not necessarily in pain just ready for a break.Truth be told I've never liked riding for more than that on any seat not even in my car.Oh and the best thing about the LePera is the price I think it's around 150 not including shipping.
I totally agree with ED.

The Lepera is a top notch high quality seat. I was pleasantly surprised at how well built it is. The finish is great.

If you're looking for pillow plush, then this is obviouslynot your seat, but it is surprisingly comfortable for how thin it is.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:22 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer

I run a la pera bare bones. I really like it but, a buddy of mine (forum guy too) took his stock SB seat and took the leather off cut the padding down with an electric knife put the leather back on and that seat is great. Im looking for a stock (older) seat for mine to try the same. Try cutting it down little at a tiime until it looks and feels like you want. Tools needed, knife, pliers, staplegun to resecure.

If you do that and dont like it, you can always buy a more expensive one.

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:30 PM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

I totally agree with ED.

The Lepera is a top notch high quality seat. I was pleasantly surprised at how well built it is. The finish is great.

If you're looking for pillow plush, then this is obviouslynot your seat, but it is surprisingly comfortable for how thin it is.

Cheers,

Tom
Tom, thanks for your reply. I was actually going to pm you and ask what seat you had because I saw it in another post and that is what prompted me to create this thread to begin with. Looks like we have similar taste in our super glide looks. Love that silver paint. Do you have the bare bones or the silhouette solo?

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:36 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer

Here is my gallery https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....=1&apage=1

Several picts of the bare bones and the black SB has the cut down stock

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:45 PM
2007fxdc
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 0ut1aw

Here is my gallery https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....=1&apage=1

Several picts of the bare bones and the black SB has the cut down stock
Wow, the cut down stock does havea nice look to it from what I can see. I'm just wondering if, since the bob seat has a stitch pattern in it, how it will look after it's shaved down like that.

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:05 PM
0ut1aw
Tourer

my buddy did it in his garage and it looks great

if memory serves the stitch now runs just around the curve of the seat.

I liked it so much im looking for a solo for my year.

WAY more comfortable than my lepera, and I really like my seat.

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Suggestions