Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 AM
up in minot
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .

Just wanted you other married/in a relationshipfolk out their, to give your opinion about your significant other getting their own bike. Have any of you gone through this? Was is a good plan?Has your better half stayed with riding since they got their own?

My wife wants to get this used Nightster our local dealership has. It's ingreat shape, has very low miles, and is at an even better OTD price. She has riden dirtbikes in the past, but never motorcycles. Before we bought it, she was going to go through the MSF class, to see if it's something she would even want to do. In the back of her mind, she wants to, but I guess I am just looking at some input from you guys/girls, and your experiences with this.

Thanks for reading, and for any and all advice you might have.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .

Jeff - How can you lose? Worse case you end up with two great bikes to choose from every day! Love the nightster and should work well for your wife.

Not in a relationship currently, but if I was and could afford it, it's be my first choice for a good handling, good looking runabout. Actually, ended up with a Sporty myself (used '02 1200S) in December for a price I couldn't refuse (under wholesale) at a dealer. Did I need it? H3LL YES!

Go for it! She'll love it!

BTW, what color? Not that there is a bad one for the Nightster!

Chip

Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 AM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GO for It.......My ole lady is now on her 3rd scoot.....started small with a Honda 250 Rebel, she put on a little over 11K miles.....moved her up to a Sporty, put on a little over 35K miles, now she has an 03 Low Rider, has a little over 43K miles.

She loves to ride, and there is nothing better than taking off for parts unknown, riding during the day, and finding a small little town with a Mom and Pop Motel, along with a drinking establishment close by, where to unwind after a day of back road riding.

Respects,
Ed

Old 03-02-2008, 09:18 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I offered to buy my wife a bike and she said no I had rather just ride on yours , then one day she said Im gonna buy a bike and ride to work , I laughed at her and said yeah right. She then bought a buell and commutted 110 miles round trip every day on it 7000 miles in a year. she then sold the bike and said she would just ride two up for a while. one day I saw a used ninja for a great price I had some spare change in my wallet so I bought it just to have something different to ride and play on . I let the wife ride it one day and she said thanks I like my new bike.[sm=confused06.gif]the bottom line is let her choose what she wishes to ride I made my wife take the msf course before I would let her loose on the highway. she didnt want to go but I said I will do it with you I think it helped her alot and I got to play on one of those yamaha dirt bikes with the big wheels for two days.
be supportive , if and when she drops her bike dont make a big dealout of broken turn signals or scratches just tell her it happens pick her up dust her off and tell her to ride on she also rides a honda vlx from time to time but prefers sportbikes
this is the kind of stuff you can look forward to , a nice ride in the hills and a picnic with your wife
not a bad way to spend the day.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

If It fits Your Wife and she likes it I say go fot it !
Until recently I rode a lot of dirt bikes and Now ride just the Harley. FWIW, I'm only 5' 6" Short ****.....LOL! So not sure how tall she is but I fit well on the Lowrider and the Nightster. Went with the lowrider because, well the specific dealer didin't have a Nightster at the time.
I'm about the size of most women, LOL.... Didn't exactly win the genetic genepool lottery here, But if it fits, Do it! DO IT!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

My wife rides her dads old shovel. bought it from him when he couldn't ride anymore. it's awsome. we'll still do the 2 up thing now and then, but once a year we take an overnight with the two bikes, it's awsome. we'd do it more but we have two little kids so theres not much time.
I was gonna buy her one of those nightsters, but she sat on it and it was too small after she'd been on that shovel.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 AM
jrsmith_80
Tourer

Go for it, there has been some talk around our house about getting a scooter for the wife and I must say, I am up for it. I cant think of a better way to spend time with my wife on the weekends.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:55 AM
MIKETOW
Advanced

Get here the bike! My wife has been riding for three years now and it has been great! Instead of me having to get a two up bike I was able to get the bike I really wanted. She shouldtake the MSF class. Iliked my wife on the back of my bike but having her on her own has been very rewarding.Remember a sporster is not exactly a beginner bike.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Please explain - dirt bikes AREN't motorcycles?

Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 AM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I kicked my old lady off the back of my bike back in July of 2000 and she started riding her own bike in August of that year. She is on her 3rd bike now and has never looked back.

Quick Reply: OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .