Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .

ORIGINAL: up in minot
Just wanted you other married/in a relationshipfolk out their, to give your opinion about your significant other getting their own bike.....She has riden dirtbikes in the past, but never motorcycles....
I have always done what I or the wife wanted and not been concerned with what others think, especially if it didnt affect or harm them. On question does come to mind however, what dirtbikes arent motorcycles? ALL of the dirtbikes I rode were considered motorcycles. I do agree that dirtbikes and roadbikes do have some different characteristics but then so do MOPEDS. and they are all fun to ride you just dont go bragging to friends.....

Old 03-02-2008, 11:06 AM
up in minot
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if I offended any of you with the way I made dirt bikes sound. I, in no way, meant that they weren't motorcycles. I just wanted to get some input, from others, on their experiences. If you look at my signature, you'll understand why I asked to begin with. Just so you all know, I mentioned the dirt bike stuff because she rode them when she was younger, in Montana during the summers, on gravel roads exclusively, and in Upstate NY, on dirt. So, she understands the concept of shifting, the friction point, braking front and rear, etc. She just has no experience with two wheeled vehicles on paved surfaces, with traffic, and speed limits. I just wanted to get some valid points, both pro and con, from others who have experienced what we may be getting into. I mean the OTD price is good, but it's still a lot of money. If she decided down the road that it wasn't for her, sure I would deffinitely pick that bike up and ride it. We all learn sometime, but I just didn't want to get into something as expensive as we all know it can become, just to look at the bike sitting in the garage.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck, if I stood about 6 inches shorter, I'd get the Nightster for myself...

Old 03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
YesterdaysCorn
Cruiser

Well, I'm kinda in the same situation.....I got my Harley in Aug and now the wife wants a Sportster, she is 42 years old and hasn't ridden in about 20 years and that was dirtbikes. Now she wants to get out on the road....and for some reason I just don't have a warm fuzzy. Just from a safety standpoint with the way things are today (Cell phones, GPS, DVD players) it is sooo much more dangerous then it was a few years back.

Not sure at this point what I should do......is 42 too old for someone to start leanring how to ridein California. and why is it you don't see more women on bikes? personally I think it's sexy

Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife loves her Nightster. It's the first bike she's ever driven. Won't bore the thread with how she got it, but you can check out my posts if you're interested. She rides almost everyday, and it's her daily commuter.

MSF and good, low traffic teaching rides should be all she needs for safety. I don't care how long you've been riding, congested traffic can hurt you. "Let's go for a ride" is the sweetest thing a wife can say to a man. If she's only talking about the bike, well, I'll take that too, LOL!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:19 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YesterdaysCorn

Well, I'm kinda in the same situation.....I got my Harley in Aug and now the wife wants a Sportster, she is 42 years old and hasn't ridden in about 20 years and that was dirtbikes. Now she wants to get out on the road....and for some reason I just don't have a warm fuzzy. Just from a safety standpoint with the way things are today (Cell phones, GPS, DVD players) it is sooo much more dangerous then it was a few years back.

Not sure at this point what I should do......is 42 too old for someone to start leanring how to ridein California. and why is it you don't see more women on bikes? personally I think it's sexy

no 42 isnt to old and I pretty well felt the same way when my wife stated riding to work every day. I told her it worried me to see her pull out of the drive on a motorcycle and she said welcome to my world how do you think I feel..

Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM
fxdwgcanuck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just bought my wife a883low in nov she put 5500 on arebel now time for a harley just she likes to disappear when she is susposed tobe doing housework we eat out more during riding season

Old 03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The nightster is a great ride ecspecially if you are vertically challenged like myself 5'2"
I bought a lowrider in 05-06 model year and lowered it and added a custom seat.
The dealer has a nightster with forwards and mini apes great sitting for myself better then my original 02-883 but I am not ttading in my Big twin love to by the nightster but the Mrs would have
a heart attack great bike would love to own a second.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Dizzzy
Tourer

My girl wanted a new bike and trade in her Buell....she was looking at the Nightster for awhile but she said no. She is anti HD. So we got her a Triumph Thruxton....she loves it

Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
cpa55
Cruiser

My wife hated street bikes, never wanted one, only fools ride them, blah, blah, blah... until I gave her my Sportster when I bought my Street Bob. Now she logs more miles than me, has more t shirts, accessories, etc. Remember, they are ALWAYS right and you are ALWAYS wrong!

Quick Reply: OPINIONS - Wife's thinkin' 'bout a Nightster . . .