Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob - heat from engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 03:38 PM
mrperez
Road Captain
Default RE: Fat Bob - heat from engine

I know what you mean Scooter, I had that problem with the bob. Once I added the Power commander, Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 and the V/H short shots I don't feel the heat anymore. Maybe it's the fact that the heat shield has those cut outs. Well good luck getting a solution to the problem.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53843/FCDC744899E4412AAB4AF11FD3EBE948.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:12 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

Try looking up something called "Calf Chaps" They are made by Unique Prototype Design. The wesite is www.calf-chaps.com.

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:16 PM
Dutch550
Tourer

I have felt the heat coming from my fat bob and I am enjoying it only because most of my riding has been in the 30's and 40's. It warms my hands up well at stops which is needed. I am anxious to see how it acts when it gets warmer. But I plan to go with a stage 1 setup before then.

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:24 PM
michaelvs710
Cruiser

i dont mean to hijack your thread but has anyone found a temp gauge for the 08 models?

Old 03-20-2008 | 04:51 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

No oil temp gauge yet.Maybe next year.

Old 03-20-2008 | 06:08 PM
Scooter Wench
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: mlarsen77

Are you sure the ooohs and aaahhhs arent directed towards the rider???? J/K.......I scraped my left peg the other day also doing a U-turn.........I wasnt expecting it and was more concerned with the chrome being scraped off than anything else......

<blush> That was sweet even if you WERE kidding LOL

I have scraped my pegs several times now. I can just lean into a curve so easy and the bike is so well balanced that I don't feel like I'm leaning that far over. I'm afraid I'm doomed to replacing my pegs every so often cause I seriously doubt I'm going to stop riding like that. Oh well!!

Old 03-23-2008 | 08:41 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

In the new Dennis Kirk book on page 225 they have what you are looking for. It is called a Saddle Shield. Designed to "keep the heat of the rear cylinder off your legs". They have them for $69.95.

Old 03-23-2008 | 05:02 PM
Scooter Wench
|
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Prodriverdon

In the new Dennis Kirk book on page 225 they have what you are looking for. It is called a Saddle Shield. Designed to "keep the heat of the rear cylinder off your legs". They have them for $69.95.
And they'll fit Dyna's????????? Do they have a website? Going to google right now! Thanks! MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2008 | 05:06 PM
Scooter Wench
|
Road Captain

Well poop, those are the Kuryakyn's that I posted about earlier. They only make them for softtail models. Not sure why they won't work on Dyna's but the fitment sections doesn't say anything about fitting Dyna's, only softtails. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 03-23-2008 | 05:48 PM
Skaarsgard
Cruiser

I'm actually having a similar problem with my FXD. I put on Thunderheaders and my bike has literally burned a hole through two pairs of my pants down by my calf. Next pay check though, I'm putting on some heatwraps and will let you know how that goes. Otherwise you can also look into getting some half chaps. They're like chaps but only cover upto your knee. I actually saw a pair at a local surplus store for about 20$ so I might get a pair myself and see.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob - heat from engine