Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships...Good or Bad...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealerships...Good or Bad...

Harv's Harley Davidson in Macedon, NY.......That's where I bought my FXDC. The buying experience there was great! The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and will take the time to talk with you about any questions you have. At Harv's there is never a question that's stupid!! What little service I have had done there has been great.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 AM
vmax867@gmail.com
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scheaffers in Orwigsburg, PA. Good folks, went way out of their way to help me fix a problem that netted them little $$'s.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: coastrider

Paradise Harley, Tigard Oregon. The best. Mike Durban (owner)and his crew are tops from apparel, to parts, to service. I live 140 miles away and they will pick up and deliver for any service. I dropped the bike last summer and broke off the left rear turn signal. I was headed to Tigard to ride and Mike got me in right away and fixed my boo boo. The parts quys go out of their way to get the parts I need and the gals in apparel are great. Can't say enough good things about Paradise.

Ride Safe.
I'll have to give them a try. i bought my '88 sporty and my current 05 FXD from Latus HD in Gladstone, Oregon and while working out the deal was offered the pre paid maintenance program for $1400. free pick up, delivery and a loaner where not in writing but part of his sales pitch so verbally part of the deal none the less. never got a loaner (discontinued short time later) I'll need my 20k before service contract ends in June and was just told 'no more pick up or delivery'
I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN !
on a positive note, I'm very happy withColumbia HD across the river in Hazledel, Wa. and theyare about the same distance (50 miles)

Old 03-09-2008, 11:51 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the thread Jake, i need some place to vent and the
HD web site doesn't offer on line customer service.
i could go on with more negative feedback about Latus HD that I've experienced since buying my bike but it'd take up too much space.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:51 AM
macatak39
Advanced

I purchased my used harley at Alefs in Wichita KS. After the sell the staff could care less who you are.
I have went to the dealer many times trying to buy parts, get service, and never have been treated good..
I have since rode/drove and extra 2 hours to Worth Harley in Kansas City,and have only been there a few times
but they treat you right. Also agree that Topeka harley has great staff..

Old 03-09-2008, 11:59 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

biker bob'sH-Din taylor michigan sucks badly, out of stock on everything, they cant answerany questions they give you that blank stare, just very poor dealership. i swear my 2 month old daughter knows more about h-d then they do. so i ride about 20-25 miles to american harley davidson in ann arbor michigan or motorcity harley davidson in farmington ,if i need something or need to ask something. jackyl

metro area michigan:
biker bobs h-d (taylor): sucks
american h-d (ann arbor): awesome
motorcity h-d (farmington): awesome

Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM
ericsenf
Tourer

I have to voice my experiences with St. Paul HD in MN. I didn't buy my bike there but I have done quite a bit of business there. The services dept. is great working with me and answering _many_ questions over several months on the engine build I did. The parts dept is always extremely accommodating. As an example, I had a set of saddle bags that I wasn't happy with the quality after several months on the bike. They took them back for full refund and allowed me to order another set. These were both aftermarket. Great shop and only about 3 miles from my house.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

appalachian HD in mechanicisburg Pa. top notch, very good, go out of their way to please you

Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 PM
RetiredChief
Intermediate

I was cruising through Montana last year and it was 107 degrees headed to Sturgis and needed to cool off. Stopped at Thunderbolt Harley. They had already closed but were outside with the owner having a cold one. The owner asked me i I needed anything and said if I needed a mechanic he would call him in. Now thats service! I had a cold Bud Light with him (a life saver) and headed on down the road. Kudos to them! Thats the only dealership I have come across thats worth a f*ck! When I go to buy new at some point I will call them and fly in for it!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:32 AM
rathomasjr
Cruiser

Paramount Harley in Framingham, MA - Great Customer Service!

I bought a used bike from them near the end of the season last year. The entire process was excellent. All of the people were friendly and helpful. When I got the bike home I noticed that there was a problem with the fork lock - it just wouldn't lock. So I brought it to Paramount and they ordered up the parts needed to fix it. Apparently it would require removing the entire front forks to replace the lock mechanism. Once the parts were in, I was unable to get the bike in to be fixed for many months due to the weather and the distance to the place. Once spring sprung, I was able to bring the bike in and they fixed it up like new. No charge; no hassles.

I highly recommend this dealership. I only wish I lived closer.

Richard Thomas Jr.