Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna w/ sportster tank mod?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got this back from Three Auto:

Thank you for being interested in my tank.
I can shipping to the USA.
Must use bank transfer of funds or International Postal Money Order , no foreign credit cards.

Pricing is as follows:
TANK.......................................... 49,800yen
Shipping fee
EMS (Express Mail Service) ... 8,900yen
Total: 58,700 yen (JPN Currency) (approximately $682)

I think that it is cheaper to make the tank in the nearby shop.
Because it is appreciation of the yen now.

Thank you

THREE AUTO

I guess I'll be looking into a shop that can just do the fab work locally. (Honestly, I'd rather keep my money in the states anyway.)

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Sick!! That's awesome! Damn I want to buy one now. Its a bit bigger then I like though. I've always wanted a peanut sporty tank on my bike.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Dizzzy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
I sent them an email asking about buying one, we'll see what they have to say. NiceMC never wrote back. The tank is over $500, but damn this is SWEET!

Damn...that is SWEET!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

still working on mine got sidetrack long story short started having headaches finally went to doctor and after $8000 dollars (my share after insurance ) in tests figured out i had a temporal lobe stroke :/ went through 4 different meds till i found one that knocks the edge off the headaches and dabbled in working on my scoot when i could may finally get tank done soon but medical bills have destroyed my bike fund so im going to have to do what i can till i can financially recover .i just hope to have her rideable soon .

Old 01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by latnyte
still working on mine got sidetrack long story short started having headaches finally went to doctor and after $8000 dollars (my share after insurance ) in tests figured out i had a temporal lobe stroke :/ went through 4 different meds till i found one that knocks the edge off the headaches and dabbled in working on my scoot when i could may finally get tank done soon but medical bills have destroyed my bike fund so im going to have to do what i can till i can financially recover .i just hope to have her rideable soon .
Ouch! Really sorry to hear that man.. glad your okay though man!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

I've done a little bit of research on my own. I think maybe a tank from an '04-up sporty will fit over the dyna backbone. (the backbone is 2.5", I believe.) If this is the case, it could be as easy as getting new mounting tabs fabbed up. Sorry to hear about your medical troubles man, here's to a speedy recovery.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:35 PM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the well wishes guys , backbone on my 93 is 4 inches wide im using a new /oldstock 79-83 2.4 gallon tank after fabbed i think it will be almost 2.6 gallon because new tunnel is going to be 4 wide by just the depth of the back bone it will just cover the backbone itself with no hang down .im very excited to get her done . did notice tonight with new bars controls cables and 7inch headlight my lowers and trees look awful so after i get some more cash saved up those have to be powdered next lol its never ending!

Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
ALPHA_MALE
Tourer
Old 01-24-2010, 09:40 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

What the hell was that for? You haven't provided any useful comments or info to this thread, just cross-posted a link to yours that also has no useful information. That thread Also has a link to another thread on Another board with no useful information. Care to explain?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
ALPHA_MALE
Tourer

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
What the hell was that for? You haven't provided any useful comments or info to this thread, just cross-posted a link to yours that also has no useful information. That thread Also has a link to another thread on Another board with no useful information. Care to explain?
Keeping it alive and to the top so if anyione comes acrossed anything they can help out seems to be a bunch of people interested in this MOD .. ??..what the hell is your comment for ?care to explain why you feel the need to call me out and make me explain what's your prob dident know there was a bump police on here have a good day
and so far best bang for the buck if you dont feel like messing with wiring and welding this looks like the answer to eveyones questions
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/721-238
http://www.bikernet.com/garage/PageV...sp?PageID=2463

By the time you get a peanut tank mod it weld it make the back bone cover mess with it play with it tweek it your better off taking the hit on this tank paint bolt on and go

Last edited by ALPHA_MALE; 01-26-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: dyna w/ sportster tank mod?