Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a DYNO run today!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got a DYNO run today!!

ORIGINAL: domenicp7

Arnold with this Dyno Tune thing I have been setting up appointments and cancelling due to work. I might just join you. Trotter you got room for two Texans?
Not to steal biz from Trotter, but there's a really good Dyno guy in Dallas named Jim Sabin (Sabin Performance). His shop is nothing to look at, but he's a super nice guy who really knows his doo doo on the dyno. He uses the latest and greatest Dynotech gear and he takes the time to prograqm for both cylinders. I had two shops tell me that copying thr front to the rear was "the norm". The best part is he lets you watch and will explain what's going on throughout the process.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott I going to use Jim. I hope I haven't pissed him off with my cancellations. Only one. He has been very helpful on the phone. I going to make the jump.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Trotter
Banned

Scott........... that's who I recommended to them in Texas ...I have 2 of the same Machine's he uses also ... DynoJet 250i's.... Also Copying the map from front to rear is useless...... Go back tothe one's that said it was OK to do... And Kick him in theDoo Dad's ... I was gonna say Nut's but didn't want to use bad Language..

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

ORIGINAL: domenicp7

Arnold with this Dyno Tune thing I have been setting up appointments and cancelling due to work. I might just join you. Trotter you got room for two Texans?
Not to steal biz from Trotter, but there's a really good Dyno guy in Dallas named Jim Sabin (Sabin Performance). His shop is nothing to look at, but he's a super nice guy who really knows his doo doo on the dyno. He uses the latest and greatest Dynotech gear and he takes the time to prograqm for both cylinders. I had two shops tell me that copying thr front to the rear was "the norm". The best part is he lets you watch and will explain what's going on throughout the process.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Trotter
Banned

Yea..... I grew up in McLean also... I still have a House on the curvey part of Kirby Rd... LOL ... I'm up behind Meyer Emco ..... Did you go to Mclean HS.. What Year ?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:32 PM
96 Wide Glide
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Trotter, I'm guessing there's no way to tune each cyl individually on a carbed motor?

Cheers... Ben.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 PM
DynaDan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm chompin' at the bit Skip! After our talk, I think a SERT and Dyno are in my very near future. I'm starting to see what you were talking about on here.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:06 PM
abcd9906
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had mine tuned, they made a seperate map for front and rear cylinders. Mine runs like a champ and there was a major noticable difference in the way she rode when it was all done. I used a pre-cut map from power commander before. After the "tune" I could really tell a difference and so can my buddys when I blow by em ... lol It's worth teh money to have it tuned man.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Trotter
Banned

You throw enough money at anything and it can be done ...LOL

ORIGINAL: 96 Wide Glide

Hey Trotter, I'm guessing there's no way to tune each cyl individually on a carbed motor?

Cheers... Ben.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Trotter
Banned

LOL .........If yer out this week stop By ... I'll be home all this week working on some projects here in the Garage mostly..
ORIGINAL: DynaDan

I'm chompin' at the bit Skip! After our talk, I think a SERT and Dyno are in my very near future. I'm starting to see what you were talking about on here.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

...He uses the latest and greatest Dynotech gear and he takes the time to prograqm for both cylinders. I had two shops tell me that copying thr front to the rear was "the norm". The best part is he lets you watch and will explain what's going on throughout the process.
Very good point. Guys like Trotter know their business and I talked to quite a few of them, on the west coast anyway. Mostsay that fewer than 1 in 5 bikes have the front and rear cans mapped the same when they're done. If they're gonna take your money to make your bike "average" youcould have just used a canned map from someone else's Dyno tune with same setup. I'm not saying that's a terrible thing to do, but it sure isn'tthe proper Dyno tune you think you're paying for.

Now if I can just get Trotter to put in a good word for me in Portland. $199 Dyno soundslike the deal of the centuryto me!

Quick Reply: Got a DYNO run today!!