Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE slip-on's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
OldNo7
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE slip-on's

Dont waste yer cash on SE II's. I tried 05 SeI's and they were no better. Went with V&H Straight Shots. Now she sounds like she was meant to !!LOUD!!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 PM
tbchvac
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: traveler

No tuning necessary with mufflers if you leave the intake stock.

Full pipes require a tune.

~Joe
Is this true. I was under the impression that EFI tuning had to take place if you messed with either the exaust or intake. Mufflers w/baffles don't need tuned?

Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Zevron
Cruiser

I have Sceamin Eagle slip ons on my 2007 FXDL they are a little louder than stock. I can assure you that they are not junk. I am happy with mine. I like the sound of them. In my opinion a motor can sound good without being loud.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Hounds2
Cruiser

I just installed them on my fxd today. since i'm in michigan it will be a while before i get to really try them out but so far i like the sound and looks alot. just what i had i mind. i really dont care for loud pipes...had pythons on my last harley and soon grew tired of that. they have a nice rumble when at idle and settle down a bit when you crack the throttle. definately more than the stock pipes but still pleasant. i am running stock air cleaner, with stock K&N replacement filter. i am a bit concerned that my bike will run too lean. it already runs too lean for me. i will check the plugs and if so i will go for the harley re-map. its a hundred bucks cheaper than a pcIII. i would be interested to hear if any others have checked for lean operation after SE pipe install.

thanks scott

Old 02-23-2008, 08:57 PM
GaryInSanDiego
Cruiser

If you just want loud, buy a set of drag pipes and be done with it. Make sure you start saving up to pay your tickets. IMO, the "true Harley sound" does not mean loud as hell. It means the signature sound that people associate with the design of the Harley engine. My SE2 slip ons that I put on my 05 lowrider when it was newproduce exactly that sound. Any louder or quieter would be worse. It is my Goldilocks setup.