Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered Pudgy Gimps...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:21 PM
Big Twi$t
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Just ordered Pudgy Gimps...

Yep, I broke down and did it. I've been mentioning it to the OL (almost everday) and the other day she said apes would look good...gotcha ya! So I ordered them today. LOL

Couple of questions...

1. I only wanted 14" Gimps (for a couple of reasons) so what length cables should I get?

2. Is there black cables with black fittings...no black plastic sleeves. I want black stainless and/or black anodized, or something like that. BUT...both cable and fittings black.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:26 PM
reded
Road Captain
Default RE: Just ordered Pudgy Gimps...

Check out Magnum Shielding, they have a black line of braided cable...others on here have mentioned that they are more gray but I bit the bullet and ordered them anyway. I'd post pics but they haven't shown up yet.

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:31 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior

check out motion-pro's "blackout series" for cables... and goodridge's "ebony series" for brake lines and fittings....

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:35 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I've seen those goodridges. They really don't look that black to me.

I wish I had gotten some darker cables, mine stick out to much against my bars. Thinking of trying to find some black sheathing for them.

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:38 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior

what metal_mike says..... goodridge's "ebony series" is great.... black vinyl over a stainless line.....and barnett makes the black vinyl clutch cable to match...it's what i have....i DID order the magnum shielding's "black pearl" line....but, not black at all my friend.... i hope you're not as fussy as me, reded....LOL ....mine are sitting in my garage all boxed back up

in response to Jay on the ebony line: ....really?....i mean, mine are as black as you can probably get!

Old 02-20-2008 | 04:41 PM
reded
Road Captain

I think it will work on my bike (pewter denim). I'm gonna PC thefork lowers andtrees black and go with black wheels chrome spokes.

Old 02-20-2008 | 06:35 PM
vladt
Cruiser

You'll love the gimps.
I recently installed a set of 14" pudgy gimp and the quality is awesome. Just be prepared to wait for a "long while" to get them.
I went with +6" cables and they are definitely too long. I reckon +4" is most u'll need unless you are planning on getting 16" gimps later.

Old 02-20-2008 | 06:39 PM
revolution
Road Captain

I went with +6 on my 14" gimps also.

Old 02-20-2008 | 07:58 PM
Big Twi$t
|
Stellar HDF Member

I dont plan on getting 16"...period. But if I do, I'll just buy longer cables. I dont want the cables to look "too long", that would ruin the look for me. If you look at the 14" Pudgy Gimps, they look wider than the 16s, 18s, etc., I like them better...I guess it's an optical illusion.

So, plus 4" on the cables? That's coming from drag bars on 6" risers.

According toMarlin at Nash, they are leaving next Tuesday for Daytona. He would like to my bars shipped by then, but I will not hold my breath.

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:01 PM
Noride
Tourer

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Quick Reply: Just ordered Pudgy Gimps...