Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 12:51 PM
70mach1
|
Road Master
Default Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius

Almost ordered the 2 into 1 Vance and Hines Big Radius pipe .
I luv the look .
I realized the web sight only shows the pipe on Dynas with a solo seat .
After looking at the picture again I noticed the rear passenger pegs woul probably not fit or work ?
After calling Vance and Hines they yold me the pipe comes with a spacer or bracket that raises the right rear passenger pegs 1 to 2 inches higher .
Then you will have to purchase seperatly the left side witch is abought $20. plus shipping .
Sounds like it may be a little uncomfortable for the passenger and look a little weird on the bike ???
Only my apinion .
So my new exhaust search continuse.
I guess I may end up with the slip ons or the Big Shot staggereds ??? [:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12373/6ED7E870988140F78CB76CF523269DF0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2008 | 12:53 PM
70mach1
|
Road Master
Default RE: Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius

WOOOPS I ment opinion....

Old 02-20-2008 | 12:56 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member

Is the passenger peg issue the same for the regular Big radius pipes? If you like the look of the 2-1 it seems like you'd be happy with the 2-2.

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:00 PM
70mach1
|
Road Master

Naw , I think the 2 into 2 have a little to much bark ..
I,m looking for a good deep throaty pitch .
Vance and Hines claims the 2 -1 Big Radius is there best H.P. producing pipes out .

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:07 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Redbeard

Is the passenger peg issue the same for the regular Big radius pipes? If you like the look of the 2-1 it seems like you'd be happy with the 2-2.
I can vouch for a definite NO to that question. The only thing the regular 2 - 2 BR's do is make it a little more cumbersome to remove the dipstick to check the oil. Not that big a deal but it's a fact.

This post is interesting. First time I've heard anyone bring up the point about the passenger peg. That was actually a good catch that I probably would have never noticed until it was too late. So, $600+ probably for the pipes and they send you something that raises the right side peg up but don't bother including the left side. I wonder who came up with that brilliant packaging idea? Kind of like selling hand grips individually. Or wipin' before you poop, just don't make sense...

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:52 PM
70mach1
|
Road Master

Thats what I told them ,
Who wants to change the right side hight only ??
Makes absolutley no sence for the customer (us ) and a lot of sence $$$$ for Vance and Hines ..
I never thought to ask them why they dont tell you this stipulation in the ad ???
Although they list it fitting the Low Rider with no problems ?
They did tell me it will not work on the Screaming Eagle Dyna,s do to the hight of the bike ??
I figuered the Low Riders would be lower ..??? HHHMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 02-20-2008 | 02:00 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not really surprised. Many riders only ride solo and the mfgr. would just be throwing away money. I am somewhat surprised they don't mention the fitment problem however, for those riders that ride 2 up.

Old 02-20-2008 | 02:39 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 07 StreetBob

I'm not really surprised. Many riders only ride solo and the mfgr. would just be throwing away money. I am somewhat surprised they don't mention the fitment problem however, for those riders that ride 2 up.
By that logic, aren't they throwing money away by even supplying the right side? I'd prefer them to make it clear that the pipes are not compatible with the stock passenger pegs, if equipped and then give me an option to purchase a complete kit to adjust them. HD does that with certain add-ons in their P&A catalog so no reason V&H's couldn't do the same thing. But, rather than scare the 2-up buyers away from making the purchase, they'd rather sellthem the pipes and hope you'll keep them even after you realize they won't work without spending more money. The spacers to adjust the height on the pegs can't have much "cost" associated with them. When you are talking about $600 pipes, it seems it would be the least they could do even if it means adding a few dollars to the price tag.

But, I don't have a dog in this fight so I'll bow out.

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:23 PM
Bamboo
Cruiser

Maybe someone that has these installed has more info/pics. of this? This makes me very curious since I was about to pull the trigger on these. I ride double sometimes and the exact height could make a big difference!
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:43 PM
GrampsWyatt
Cruiser

I have the pipe, got it when I bought the motorbike. When I picked it up both sides had the bracket. Raining now so no pix for ya. It raises the peg about 1-1/2" or so. If ya like the pipes get the peg brackets. If ya don't wanna spend the 20 bucks for left sidedon't. I got both brackets w/my pipe.

Quick Reply: Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius