Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 05:44 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius

I wonder who came up with that brilliant packaging idea? Kind of like selling hand grips individually.

Probably someone who used to work at the HD factory, and only chromed the elec caddy cover on left side of my fat bob, but left the battery band aluminum, or same guy who only put the tommy gun holes on the upper heat shield and left the lower solid. Probably got fired for that, and V&H hired him for his creative genius.

Old 02-20-2008 | 07:08 PM
SkyRider
Cruiser

Save your money and buy a T-Header or a Bassani pipe. My g/f works at harley and I go ride with all the parts guys/mechanics and all of them have T-headers or Bassani pipes even on baggers. It is dyno proven they make more power and the sound is awesome.

Here is one on ebay for under 600 and would be awesome on a street bob...I have a T-header on mine. Good luck on the new pipe search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BASSA...spagenameZWDVW

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:05 PM
cou9ar
Road Master

Well Now that is a frickin shame!, i just put my 2 into 2's br on about last november, But already decided I liked the look of the 2 into 1 better, but my ol'lady is like 6'1" ...and 1- 1/2" rise of the pegs would put her knees in her very large chest,.............Cracky.........Gonna hafta to buy another bike! one for me, and on for when she wants to ride, hmmmmm maybe just get a bagger.

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:13 PM
cou9ar
Road Master

Okay no playing, Now Seriously How the frick does V&H figure that is the solution, Come on a little lower in the front and little lower in the back and wala! (is that a word) .......But as it is , it is a very KEWL, looking set of pipes.......... just me and Becks thoughts

Old 02-21-2008 | 09:08 PM
Bamboo
Cruiser

Any more input?

Old 02-22-2008 | 01:47 PM
railbird
Intermediate

The spacer that came with mine measured 1 inch.Normally I would want both sides to match, but really, it's hardly noticable. Not much of an issue in my opinion.

I did get a noticable boost in on the low end and midrange. It is not a very loud pipe at idle, but is very deep sounding. I may take the plug out of the baffle or drill a hole in it to make it a little louder. Another poster here took his plug out and said it really sounded good.

Looks wise? I don't know, I like it one day and the next day I wish I would have pulled the trigger on some Rinehart 2-2s.

Old 02-23-2008 | 12:45 AM
Kuniskis
Intermediate

I have the Vance and Hine 2:1 Big Radius on my 2006 Street Bob -- performance and sound are outstanding. I agree about the passenger peg spacer -- total half *** design and they never mention it ... but there is some good news. If you have 11" rear shocks as many of us do, there is plenty of clearance and the spacer is nt necessary.

Old 02-23-2008 | 08:56 AM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

ORIGINAL: Redbeard

Is the passenger peg issue the same for the regular Big radius pipes? If you like the look of the 2-1 it seems like you'd be happy with the 2-2.
I can vouch for a definite NO to that question. The only thing the regular 2 - 2 BR's do is make it a little more cumbersome to remove the dipstick to check the oil. Not that big a deal but it's a fact.

This post is interesting. First time I've heard anyone bring up the point about the passenger peg. That was actually a good catch that I probably would have never noticed until it was too late. So, $600+ probably for the pipes and they send you something that raises the right side peg up but don't bother including the left side. I wonder who came up with that brilliant packaging idea? Kind of like selling hand grips individually. Or wipin' before you poop, just don't make sense...
I always wipe before I poop. It makes it more comfortable when riding with my right leg higher than my left.

Old 05-24-2008 | 10:18 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

My concern was with the rider's pegs...the 2-2 BR's look like they'd kinda get in the way of those with the way the rear pipe curls forward before heading back. I guess this isn't the case?

Old 05-24-2008 | 11:01 AM
jbeauv
Advanced

I bought some last year, I love mine, check out my photos.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2033758/m...tm.htm#2036378

Quick Reply: Just FYI abought Vance and Hines 2-1 Big Radius