Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Low Rider

Is the Low Rider the least popular of the Dyna line? It seems like more people are drawn to the Glide, Street Bob, and Fat Bob.

I love the look of the Low Rider with the black / chrome engine and all the chrome throughout. I'd have to say I've wanted a LR for years and didn't really look at any other models.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 AM
57springer57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

I think its the best looking dyna. I went with the sg and in hindsightwish I would have spent the extra dough and moved up to the L-rider []

Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Jake, Seems like we're in the Minority..... Lots of blacked out rides nowadays. I don't get it. Liked the movie Mad Max but thats as far as I'll take it. I would rather have aLowrider other than what seems so popular on the dyna section.
Bob spelled backwards spells bob.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:04 AM
jefx
Tourer

For what it's worth, I've been telling people that my Street Bob is a Low Rider, when they ask. I'm tired of saying "Street Bob" and getting puzzled looks. Everyone's heard of a Low Rider. There's not really a whole lot of difference anyway. I've got a 2-up seat, drag bars, and saddlebags, so it's not much of a "Bob" anymore anyway.

I'd say the Wide Glide is the least popular Dyna as far as sales......It's the one getting discontinued.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:23 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

well i love my lowrider.....fixing to invest/spend about 6,000.00 or more on it

Old 02-20-2008, 04:04 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes we have been around since 1977.TheDyna (Super Glide) was loweredwith shocks and wheelbase lengthend by a little rake in the front to give it the first streched out lowlook when riding down the blacktop. It was an important time for Harley history and sold well that year (it sold out). I love my Low Rider and the history behind it. We also were a late model introduction in 1977 similar to the Cross Bones was this yearwhich gave it somefan fare behind it.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:36 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think I got fortunate to have found my bike at the right time. It has provided me with a great starting point to get it to where it is today. I love my LR!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always thought the Low Rider was a great looking bike along with the Wide Glide, but it was hard for me to justify the extra $$, especially considering the direction I wanted to go. When I first saw the St Bob in denim (primer to me), I knew, just knew, I had to get one. But I'm not into chrome and more a minimalist hot rodder in styling preferences.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I love the Low Rider. At the time I bought my Superglide, they didn't have any on the showroom floor, but in the past evey time I looked at them they were EXPENSIVE (little did I know at the time how much $$$$ I would pour into my Superglide....[&:])

Kinda helps when the owner throws you a great deal.....

I'd love to have one in black.

~Joe

Old 02-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Swamphunter
Road Captain

Bob spelled backwards spells bob
Yeah...what he said! And Lowrider spelled backwards is Redirwol!!!
I love my lowrider....my wife likes it also, not so much how much money I spend on it, but we have had it since it was new in the fall of 95. Wouldn't own any other HD...

Quick Reply: Low Rider