Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

lowrider is a beautiful bike ... seems like when I see a two tone dyna on the road it's a low. Price point probably keeps people away.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
docsg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man--what a great thread!! Reading most of the posts in this thread is like "peeing in a dark pair of pants." It gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling and nobody really notices. I'm on my second LR, the first was an 01' and now an 05'. Being vertically challenged (5'7"), the LR fit me better than any of the other big twins at the time. On top of that, I love the look and feel of the LR. I have thought about trading and getting an 08' but the old 5 speed, 88" seems to get me down the road pretty good (especially with the Pythons and Stage I mod). I know it cost a little more but and was almost the same as some of the lower end touring models but it was the right one for me. My all time favorite is the WG but the forwards did me in.

One thing that is starting to get to me on this forum (and overall I think it is great!) is that most of the discussion now is on the newer models, the "Bob's, the 95's, the 6 speeds, etc. We, poor bastards that have the lowly 88's (or pre-06's) have to search hard to find information on the forum relevant to our models unless we go back several years in the archives. But, that said, I'm very proud for all of you who own and/or have recently acquired one of the new HD's--especially a DYNA LOWRIDER!!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it's the price that keeps people away, it's by far the best looking, and has the most performance potential of the Dynas!

If I were to get a Dyna again, it'd be an FXDL again!

Black and Chrome!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love reading all this about the LR. It seems that there are more out there than I thought, keep'm coming!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
moblmowr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more I ride my 98 LR, the more I love it, and know it was the perfict fit for me. I do wish there was a little more stuff about the older ones like mine, no offense to the 07 & 08 owners out there. Looking at Surveyor's 07 pic, it looks just like my 98 which is blue so maybe if I close my eyes mine will be a new one for a little while. Keep up the good posts.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone out there riding a LOW RIDER withMID CONTROLS and usingKURYAKYN DUALLY'S WITH or WITHOUT STIRRUPS???? How about a LOW RIDER which has been LOWERED even more? I'm short 5'2" .....and cant reach forward controls let alone highway pegs.I cant sit on my bike and have my feet flat on the ground without having to wear boots with3 1/2" heels.I cant seem toget a comfortable riding position with the skinny stock pegs I have nowand wearing a size 6 shoe, I'm barely able to reach the shift peg. I haveto put my heel on top of my peg then slip it under the shift peg. You can imagine what a pain in the rear that is. I'd love to get floorboards but cant with Mid Controls. So I was looking at the Dually's with the heel rests so I can move my foot forward or around, and give my heel a place to rest while long distance riding. Also..... has anyone LOWERED their LOW RIDER?If you have, how does it handle? Any recommendations? Any problems in the turns? I'm getting mine all chromed out this winter while it's in storage and want to add the pegs and maybe get it lowered before spring comes ( although it was -13 below last night and we have 18" of snow on the ground).

Old 02-21-2008, 07:06 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been looking at all the bikes and posts and all I can see is that I going to be spending more money on my bike. I have liked the seats and some wheel combinations and will chrome out the front end.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 PM
nycfxdl
Tourer

Have the kury dually w/stirrups. they have a wide area to rest your feet and almost feel like boards. your feet have some room to move around. u can't really see them in the sig pic. to me it was $$ well spent. they are a little longer but they only found pavement once.............

Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

I walked into the dealer specifically to buy a Superglide as my first Harley, but that magnetic, black and chromed beauty just drew me to her!It cost a few more thousand than I'd planned to spend, but in the long run saved me some bucks because it already looked great. Did I mention chrome and black? What a combo....

Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Elev8trman
Advanced

2001 FXDL with LePera. When I wanna ride two up I put on the Sundowner and the sissy bar/luggage rack. What more could you want?

Quick Reply: Low Rider