Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Low Rider

ORIGINAL: Riven_wolf

Jake i know you dont want to hear this but i put 150 miles on my low rider this past sunday. The weather was beutiful. I just added big radius pipes and fuel pak tonight and cant wait to go back out. By the way i love the tins on your Low.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44795/B7DABB7A001D450C81AB0EAE6B7D6D19.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/44795/280A3B60DC30480EB33C342B5158243D.jpg[/IMG]
Grrrr! I'm jealous you got to ride! Your bike is very clean and looks great.

Thanks on the tins. HD Limited Edition #22 out of 75 made. They look better in person.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 AM
towboattrash34
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well for me i wanted a bike i could ride hard in the moutains/twisties or take a trip on...so it was either a deuce or lowrider..i just did not like the feel of the deuce so i got the lowrider....yea it cost a little over 20,000 out the door but that is what i wanted... to me the bob is just for around town and i wanted more than that so i went the next step up which is the lowrider.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Jake, What size rear tire you runnin?

Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dynaflyer

Jake, What size rear tire you runnin?
18" Performance Machine Wheel with a 180 Metz.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 AM
GasserNorm
Cruiser

I love my Low. I owned a XL1200C before that went through 2 changes before I got my LR. It has the best feel to it around town and on the highway. It is not as fast as my ol sporty but then I haven't messed with the motor yet.

Jake, I know how you feel. I dream/daydream of riding my bike almost every day. I am in Al Al Salem, Kuwait working for the Air Force. Keep your head down dude and if your coming down my way give me a shout.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: GasserNorm

I love my Low. I owned a XL1200C before that went through 2 changes before I got my LR. It has the best feel to it around town and on the highway. It is not as fast as my ol sporty but then I haven't messed with the motor yet.

Jake, I know how you feel. I dream/daydream of riding my bike almost every day. I am in Al Al Salem, Kuwait working for the Air Force. Keep your head down dude and if your coming down my way give me a shout.
Kuwait is a decent place. I didn't mind it there at all. Been through the Ali Al Saleem too. Stay safe!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Metalgear454
Intermediate

I sat on every bike at the stealers and immediately knew it would be the Lowrider. Ergo's were perfect to me. Having ridden dirt my whole life, the bars were what I wanted. Not to mention all the chrome. Went with the spokes, even with all the disadvantages, looks awesome. Lowriders all the way!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:50 AM
surveyor
Cruiser

I could have bought any model but decided on the Dyna for my first Harley. I considered the Wide Glide and probabaly would have bought one if not for the back fender. To me the Low Rider was a better looking bike and slightly lower in price. I like the fact it had lots of Chrome with the blacked out engine. Love the bike!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser

I bought a new Low Rider in 1983 and am on my second one now, a 1994. I've always thought they are pretty cool. I have cruised, toured and commuted on mine with no regrets. I test rode a Twin Cam and didn't like all the engine heat so I may just hang on to Old Faithful forever and maintain, repair, and rebuildas required. I've got it so dialed in I can't think of a single thing I'd like to change.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Jake, first of all, that's a great looking bike you've got there!

As for the LR question, I looked long and hard at 'em, they're still one of my favorites. When it came down to it though, money made the difference and I looked it at from the standpoint of what I could do with the extra bucks if I bought the 08 FXDC (arguably the best HD buy around this year).

Quick Reply: Low Rider