Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 AM
nycfxdl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

wanted one since 79. always wanted to trade up(cb750), but never did. started riding again after 20+ years and the choice was easy for me. love my low. as you said, the right mix of chrome and black with a perfect seating for me.

gotta get some pics up............

Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Zevron
Cruiser

I like the lowriders. The riders position. The short bars and the sporty feel of the bike. I'm on my 2nd lowrider. The first 1988 was an FXR and I have to say it took the corners better, and I think it was faster too. It was probably geared different.

I love my 2007!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my 2005 - the LR and WG were clearly the cream of the crop. The LR still had a raked front end when compared to the SG (not just the 1.5 deg in the trees - actually had 32deg in the frame compared to 28deg for a SG).

I'm tall - so the LR was not really an option for me - and quite frankly - the extra $4K would have been a show stopper anyway, just as the extra $6K was a show stopper for the WG.

Even today - the dealer near me rarely has a LR on the floor - this either means they all sell right away - or the demand is so low that he just doesn't get them in. The SB basically killed the WG, and I suspect it cut into LR sales as well.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the new frame set up better than the old. Bigger front forks, lower seat height than the WG & SGand the wheelbase is slightly longer than the SG which gives it a raked look but retains better handling than the WG. To me it is a very different feeling bike from the SG.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I was just curious as to why I read about Low Riders less than other models. Doesn't bother me at all, was just curious. To be honest, prior to about a year or two, I thought all Dynas were Low Riders. I didn't know they had so many versions available and I've been a Harley lover for a long time. I thought that they came with either the silver engine or the black/chrome one.
I hear you. There seems to be a good number of FXDC owners that post here but I'm not sure any of us will ever catch up with the "Bobs". On the 2 forum sites I frequented prior to finding this one, nobody had an FXDC but me. But, there are a lot more people here than those sites had.

I've always liked looking at and hearing Harley's down the road but never went into a dealership and/or learned much about the different models. I must admit that, prior to about 2 months before I bought mine, I couldn't have told you a Sportster from a Nighttrain from any distance at all. I never was "that guy" but I easily could have been "that guy" that walked up to your dyna and said "nice sportster" or "is that a sportster?". LOL

Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
70mach1
Road Master

[8D]When I bought my 07 Low Rider I was originaly (just ) no pun intended super glides .
Like everyone else I wanted a new dyna with the bigger 96 cu.in. engine and new frame design .
Any ways after looking and sitting on and looking I went from a super to a custom then sat on the Low Rider and was hooked .
Yes I had to justify the extra $$$ . Quite a gap from a super to a Low Rider in price .
But after a little more looking I just liked everything abought it stock , Chrome , chrome , looks, blacked out engine ,tach. ,seat feal,risers. on and on .
Then I was was offered a great deal plus a extra year warranty was like putting a cherry on the finished icecream .
Any way I ,d say theres less talk and fewer Low Riders out there mostly do to the higher price tag.
I like them all to to each his own ,
Its nice to no that there arent a lot of the same LR ,s around and I can be a little different .
Everyones got there personal preference and its nice to see different ideas .[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12373/E3F101BCB7484A85965BF0A97B723047.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Super_Glide05
Intermediate

Ever since I got interested in Harley's I wanted a low rider. A: because I'm short, and B: because I think its the best looking Harley made. (no offense to anyone other models of course)

However I ended up buying a plain jane Super Glide with a slick custom paint job just because it was several thousand less than the same model year used Low Rider.While I still would have preferred the Low Rider, there is something about the silver/chrome motor combo of the SG that is growing on me every day. And sincethe SG was already lowered there really wasn't much of a fit difference between the two. After watching both bikes sit on the floor for several weeks trying to justify the extra cost of the low rider I just couldn't talk myself into the extra2 grand.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

I was just curious as to why I read about Low Riders less than other models. Doesn't bother me at all, was just curious. To be honest, prior to about a year or two, I thought all Dynas were Low Riders. I didn't know they had so many versions available and I've been a Harley lover for a long time. I thought that they came with either the silver engine or the black/chrome one.
I hear you. There seems to be a good number of FXDC owners that post here but I'm not sure any of us will ever catch up with the "Bobs". On the 2 forum sites I frequented prior to finding this one, nobody had an FXDC but me. But, there are a lot more people here than those sites had.

I've always liked looking at and hearing Harley's down the road but never went into a dealership and/or learned much about the different models. I must admit that, prior to about 2 months before I bought mine, I couldn't have told you a Sportster from a Nighttrain from any distance at all. I never was "that guy" but I easily could have been "that guy" that walked up to your dyna and said "nice sportster" or "is that a sportster?". LOL
Ahh..so you're "THAT guy"...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No, but I could have been. To me, though, walking up to someone and saying something like that when you don't know for sure is like walking up to a fat chick you don't knowand asking when she's due. There are some people stupid enough to do that but it's not something I would ever do. So, no, I was never "that guy".

Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

No, but I could have been. To me, though, walking up to someone and saying something like that when you don't know for sure is like walking up to a fat chick you don't knowand asking when she's due. There are some people stupid enough to do that but it's not something I would ever do. So, no, I was never "that guy".
ROFLMAO!!! The "when are you do" comment got me!

Quick Reply: Low Rider