Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Is the Low Rider the least popular of the Dyna line? It seems like more people are drawn to the Glide, Street Bob, and Fat Bob.

I love the look of the Low Rider with the black / chrome engine and all the chrome throughout. I'd have to say I've wanted a LR for years and didn't really look at any other models.
When I decided to buy the new Harley, I narrowed it down to the Dyna over the Softtail (Touring was out) because I wanted a cruiser that also was a bit more nimble, but the rubber mounted engine made the difference. Personally, I also like the exposed shock making it easier to upgrade/change which I did (Progressive 412s this winter).

However, sitting on all of them, I liked the ride position and lower center of gravity better. The position of the handlebars and seating position was just the most comfortable, although I did change the seat to the Sundowner, which was 5x better.

I am 5'9", sort of average, and it fits fine.

B

Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't purchase a Lowrider, and it wasn't because I didn't like them, came down to funds at the time, it was hard enough to justify any bike to the wife when I wasn't working.

And it seems the dealers don't promote them, or something, I'm just not sure.

I don't hang out at the dealer often, but when I do stop in at afew different dealers, the Lowrider is never on the floor. And I mean never!There are 3 dealerships around me, and not 1 Lowrider in the last 6 months on the floor at any of them, I don't get it.

The reason I know this, I've been searching to see the lowriders as I have been slowly converting an ebay LR/BOB tank over. Went with the LR dash not because it was a good ebay deal, but because the Bob one only comes in black, and I'm not going the popular black out look, while also not going totally chrome either.

But when finished, my FXD will be an FXDLBC as it will have my favorite parts from all the bikes.
I'm gambling that it will all come together and look OK, time will tell...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:45 AM
jwidell
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM
turk716
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my lowrider used and fixed it up. It was my first HD so of course I'm going to be biased. But in my opinion I love the chrome and black look.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:57 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 465 Likes on 275 Posts

When I found and bought my T-Sport (truely the most unpopular Dyna ever) I was also looking for a Low Rider as an alternate; took 6 months to find the T-Sport and it was 1000 miles away. Low Rider has always been my next choice until the Fat Bob came out.....if I had to replace my FXDXT it would be a Low Rider as a new starting point; an '02 carb job would be my pick.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/66733587478644B0B05D75B69C7B4DF1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i liked the look of the bob thats why i got it but but i liked the fact that the lowrider had all the chrome.....im a chrome guy.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sharkey

When I found and bought my T-Sport (truely the most unpopular Dyna ever) I was also looking for a Low Rider as an alternate; took 6 months to find the T-Sport and it was 1000 miles away. Low Rider has always been my next choice until the Fat Bob came out.....if I had to replace my FXDXT it would be a Low Rider as a new starting point; an '02 carb job would be my pick.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/66733587478644B0B05D75B69C7B4DF1.jpg[/IMG]
I've never heard of a T-Sport. Is the bike in your picture stock? Nice looking bike.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the looks and feel of my Lowrider. Fits me perfectly and I was initially looking at a SG but added up all the chrome parts that came stock on the LR and it was an easy decision.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, all you LR's sing together - Kum bah ya.... LOL

I like your Lowriders. I like the FatBobs. I like the StreetBobs. I like my SuperGlide Custom. I like the WideGlides. I like the standard SuperGlides. Am I missing anyone? They are all just different flavors within the same family, all with very similar features but with features that set them slightly apart from the rest. Unfortunately they took most of the extra rake out of the Lowriders that I thought really set them apart further (other than the WG). If they hadn't have done that, I probably wouldn't have been able to let myself settle for less than a LR. But, I'm not hung up on the blacked out engine as some seem to be, not that there is anything wrong with it. I'm not trying to **** anybody off or dis anyone's ride but, for me, I felt like I would have been paying a lot more money for a black engine and a tach. Now, I know there's a little more to it than that but, from my perspective, that's how I saw it. With that said, Jake, you should know that I'm very fond of your 'Rider and it's a good thing you don't live next door and leave me a key to your shop to "take care of it" while you are gone [8D]. But, then again, yours has a lot of extra on it, including that paint that really does set it apart.

I don't see as many LowRiders on the road as some others but I don't see near as many FXDC's as LowRiders. I wouldn't consider that a negative. Not saying you do but it sounded like maybe that bothers you some...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:48 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 2007fxdc

Okay, all you LR's sing together - Kum bah ya.... LOL

I like your Lowriders. I like the FatBobs. I like the StreetBobs. I like my SuperGlide Custom. I like the WideGlides. I like the standard SuperGlides. Am I missing anyone? They are all just different flavors within the same family, all with very similar features but with features that set them slightly apart from the rest. Unfortunately they took most of the extra rake out of the Lowriders that I thought really set them apart further (other than the WG). If they hadn't have done that, I probably wouldn't have been able to let myself settle for less than a LR. But, I'm not hung up on the blacked out engine as some seem to be, not that there is anything wrong with it. I'm not trying to **** anybody off or dis anyone's ride but, for me, I felt like I would have been paying a lot more money for a black engine and a tach. Now, I know there's a little more to it than that but, from my perspective, that's how I saw it. With that said, Jake, you should know that I'm very fond of your 'Rider and it's a good thing you don't live next door and leave me a key to your shop to "take care of it" while you are gone [8D]. But, then again, yours has a lot of extra on it, including that paint that really does set it apart.

I don't see as many LowRiders on the road as some others but I don't see near as many FXDC's as LowRiders. I wouldn't consider that a negative. Not saying you do but it sounded like maybe that bothers you some...
I didn't leave the key with you? Damn, I could have sworn I did....

I was just curious as to why I read about Low Riders less than other models. Doesn't bother me at all, was just curious. To be honest, prior to about a year or two, I thought all Dynas were Low Riders. I didn't know they had so many versions available and I've been a Harley lover for a long time. I thought that they came with either the silver engine or the black/chrome one.

Personally, I love'm all. Other than the paint on my bike, it was a stock Low Rider, so like I said, I had a good head start on some mods. It just grew from there and hasn't been easy doing it through pictures instead of getting out and shopping around to see what's available in person.

Quick Reply: Low Rider