Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

ORIGINAL: LWOS

Donna.......funny you should say that. I'm not Catholic, but like you, figure it cant hurt. I'srather error on the side of a higher power than not. Besides, they look neat, and are a perfect inexpensivegift for the biker whoTHINKS they have everything.
BTW........love your bike. How manymiles have youput on since having your own bike???
I believe in the "higher power", just not necessarily the power of the saints, but like I said, I'll take all the help I can get.

As far as mileage, I'm one of your wimpier riders. I've had the bike for a little over a month, and I've put less than 100 miles on it. Started in parking lots, then my neighborhood. One trip to my kids' school (6 miles round trip). Then I got brave and did one 60 mile round trip, and one 25 mile round trip.

I haven't ridden solo, yet, my husband follows me around. So part of my problem is scheduling, I work days and he works evenings, so we see each other on weekends.

The 60 mile trip about wore me out, (I slept for an hour after getting home!), so I still ride 2 up for long journeys. When I first got the bike, it stayed home, while we did 1,000 miles in 5 days; lastSaturday we did 200+ miles, and next Saturday we're doing 300+. Also, with the big trips we travel in groups, and I don't want to slow anyone down, or try to keep up, so I'm just taking my time. Our ultimate goal is for me to get confident enough to ride with one of my kids, hubby can take the other kid, and we no longer have to worry about having a baby sitter.

So, what's slowing me down?
[ul][*]fear[*]common sense[*]kids[*]long rides I'm not ready to ride yet[*]I used to work in a trauma center, which adds to #1, fear. (not so afraid that I can't do it, but just want to take baby steps.[/ul]
Have a great weekend. Ride safely!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

I loved my 1980 Low Rider. It was truly a factory custom back then. All black with red pin stripes,black motor w/chrome accents, buckhorn bars, sissy bar (standard), leather stash pouch (standard on the back of the sissy bar), highway pegs (standard), cast aluminum wheels (fairly new back then, and standard). That bike really got the looks. If I still had it today, it would still be stock except for the exhaust. It had areally quiet, two into one, exhaust on it. Brand new off the showroom, $5,995.00

I would love to have a new Low Rider. But so far, I haven't found one I like as much as the one I had. At least not without spending a large chunk of money AFTER buying the bike.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:38 AM
jylsmithmurray
Stage IV

Just bought my lowrider. The looks and the ride are awesome. So Happy with my choice!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JYLsmithmurray......... Welcome to the Dyna Low Rider family, and congratulations on your purchase. We who own LR's know you're in for some of the best times of your life.
I just turned 2,000 on my 2007 Low Rider today and now that I have it lowered for my short stature, I'm ALMOST in 7th heaven. I've got to get a different seat though. After 70 miles, I'm in agony and have to literally lift myself off my seat for short periods of time, or my thighs will fall asleep in addition to having a major pain in the tush. Cant do a Plush or heavily padded seat, because I just spent $800 + to lower it 2".... and a plush / gel pad will just lift me up higher. Mustang said they couldnt help me maintain my current "Reach Seat" closeness to the tank style. So I'm shopping. Any input would be helpful.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been a true workhorse. Now that I was fortunate to add a Road King too, I could focus on mods and made it the one-up bike I had envisioned for a long time. It's a killer nimble cruiser good for the bar run or trip to Sturgis. I almost bought a Fat Boy when I ordered this one back in '99 but something about it drew me to it.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
pauletich
Road Master

I have an 03 LR, I was looking at the WG but decided to go with the LR. I have no complaints and she has been very dependable.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, this thread came back to life...

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey HarleypsychRN...... how do you like that Corbin Seat? I was just looking at their solo for Dyna's. Tell me, is there much difference between it, and your stock dyna seat?
Please let me know......

Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
dynafan68
Cruiser

Originally Posted by domenicp7
Yes we have been around since 1977.TheDyna (Super Glide) was loweredwith shocks and wheelbase lengthend by a little rake in the front to give it the first streched out lowlook when riding down the blacktop. It was an important time for Harley history and sold well that year (it sold out). I love my Low Rider and the history behind it. We also were a late model introduction in 1977 similar to the Cross Bones was this yearwhich gave it somefan fare behind it.
I feel the same like you do...and I have the same color Lowrider like you do...
Cheer...

Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Mustang solo actually...not the widest but next to it. It's a comfortable ride. Since I lowered the rear, the shocks are pretty unforgiving...if I could have gone with a smaller seat I would have. After having a Corbin dual touring seat on it for years when it was my only bike, this seat is a welcome change. I like the chrome do-dads and conchos. The rear fender bib is from Chilhowee leather and is a perfect match.

Quick Reply: Low Rider