Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Low Rider

ORIGINAL: jp13

I love my 07 lowrider. I've been adding alot chrome lately. Today I ordered a new custom tank with the skulls and wire. I love that bike.
JP13. Hope to see some pics of Your new custom tank!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LWOS

Donna and JakeinIraq........thanks for the compliments. I wish I could have your pipes Jake, but alas, I have mid controls because my legs aren't long enough for forward controls. Next upgrade will be to different pipes,wheels and a chrome swing arm, and maybe bags.

Donna.......I was exactly where you've just been. Even though I had my cycle endorsement, it was 20 years inbetween bikes and riding. I bought my new Low Rider last year onMay 11th, and was taking the Riders Edge Course the same day my new bike was delivered. Guess what,I Failed the riding partby one point. A couplestupid mistakes.....but I'm set toretaking it next week. With a year of riding under my belt and more experience, I should pass this time with flying colors.
So Donna, Welcome to the Ladies of Harley. BTW, for those who may be interested in a riding buddy, St Paul Harley of Minnesota has
RIDE WITH ME...St Christopher medals you can get from Amazon.com They're pretty neat andthey have 2 medals to pick from. One shows a Touring bike with bags, the other is morelike the Dyna or Softailfamily. Although they list it as a key chain, you can attach it anywhere on your bike.
LWOS...take a closer look at my bike...I don't have forwards either. I have mids with highway pegs. The pipes should fit your bike.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:59 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ghostd00d

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

I think I got fortunate to have found my bike at the right time. It has provided me with a great starting point to get it to where it is today. I love my LR!

Jake

That is one bad lookin Lowrider. Only in my dreams do I ever see mine lookin anywhere close to that.
Thanks ghost. I was fortunate that I had a good starting canvas with the paint. It was only a matter of finding what would flow on the bike. You'd be surprised at how much just little things, little changes can affect the looks of your bike. Tank badges, paint, wheels, some chrome here or there, etc. Have fun with yours, it's a great looking bike.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:48 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jakeiniraq...... It sure looks like your bike had forward controls ........ even now. It must be the style of the pipe making your pegs look more forward. But hey, that's great news for me!!! Please tell me the name of those pipes, mfg, etc.cause those are the exact styleI want. No kidding. I thought for sure you had mid controls. Maybe it's the way your seatsits on your bikethat makesthe pegs look forward. I dont know. But if they'll fit mid controls, that's exactly what I want.
The overall look of yourbike has to bethe bestLR I've ever seen. It's a real show stopper. You must be so proud. I love your wheels too. Question ......did you have to extend your pegs out away from those pipes? Do you have problems with heat hittingyour calf ???Any modifications you needed to do special to get the pipes to fit? Also, what size is that headlight?Looks bigger than the stock one that comes on the bike. Really, I want to know about the pipes, wheels and headlightwhen you get the time.

Thanks.......

Old 05-24-2008, 12:56 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donna and JakeinIraq........thanks for the compliments. I wish I could have your pipes Jake, but alas, I have mid controls because my legs aren't long enough for forward controls. Next upgrade will be to different pipes,wheels and a chrome swing arm, and maybe bags.

Donna.......I was exactly where you've just been. Even though I had my cycle endorsement, it was 20 years inbetween bikes and riding. I bought my new Low Rider last year onMay 11th, and was taking the Riders Edge Course the same day my new bike was delivered. Guess what,I Failed the riding partby one point. A couplestupid mistakes.....but I'm set toretaking it next week. With a year of riding under my belt and more experience, I should pass this time with flying colors.
So Donna, Welcome to the Ladies of Harley. BTW, for those who may be interested in a riding buddy, St Paul Harley of Minnesota has
RIDE WITH ME...St Christopher medals you can get from Amazon.com They're pretty neat andthey have 2 medals to pick from. One shows a Touring bike with bags, the other is morelike the Dyna or Softailfamily. Although they list it as a key chain, you can attach it anywhere on your bike.
Thanks for the info on the St Christopher medals... I'm not Catholic, but I'll take all the help I can get!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:59 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Donna.......funny you should say that. I'm not Catholic, but like you, figure it cant hurt. I'srather error on the side of a higher power than not. Besides, they look neat, and are a perfect inexpensivegift for the biker whoTHINKS they have everything.
BTW........love your bike. How manymiles have youput on since having your own bike???

Old 05-24-2008, 01:04 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Jakeiniraq...... It sure looks like your bike had forward controls ........ even now. It must be the style of the pipe making your pegs look more forward. But hey, that's great news for me!!! Please tell me the name of those pipes, mfg, etc.cause those are the exact styleI want. Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 No kidding. I thought for sure you had forward controls. Nope, mids Maybe it's the way your seatsits on your bikethat makesthe pegs look forward. I dont know. But if they'll fit mid controls, that's exactly what I want.
The overall look of yourbike has to bethe bestLR I've ever seen. Thank you It's a real show stopper. You must be so proud. It wasn't easy doing the planning from overseas. I would find something that I like and thought would fit the flow of the bike and would contact the dealership through email or VOIP phone and give them the green light to change this/that. I'm very satisfied with how she came out. Like I said, not as easy as having your bike sitting in front of you to make those decisions. I love your wheels too. Thanks, Performance Machine Torque. The quality of their product is 2nd to none. Question ......did you have to extend your pegs out away from those pipes? No, simple bolt on. Do you have problems with heat hittingyour calf ??? Not at all. The pictures may be deceiving, but I can't say that I feel any significant amount of heat coming from the pipes. Any modifications you needed to do special to get the pipes to fit? No, just a simple bolt on. The V&H does a good job of making their product as simple as possible to set up. Actually, pipes are one of the easiest of many mods. Also, what size is that headlight?Looks bigger than the stock one that comes on the bike. You are correct, it isn't stock. It is the HD 5 3/4 bullet. $$$...but great quality and really increases the visibility of the road at night. Really, I want to know about the pipes, wheels and headlightwhen you get the time.

Thanks.......You're very welcome!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:39 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Again Jake........many, many thanks. I know what I'll be getting for Christmas this year......some V&Hpipes!!! I'll have to check to see if my quick detatchable w/s will accomidatethe 5 3/4size headlamp, but I'll sure find out. Yea, I know about how expensive this stuff is, but hey, if you cant splurge on your Harley.....what's the point!!! Ithought those wheels might be PM's. It's amazing how different pipes and wheels can totallytransform a bike into a work of art. That's howI see my bike anyway.
My Hubby wants new wheels for his Heritage too, and when it comes time to change the tires on our bikes, we'll do the wheels at that time. I want a chrome swing armtoo, sothat would be the time to do it all.
Glad to hear no real heat problems. I've got to tell you, my stock pipes really seem to roast my leg up something terrible. I've heard others complain about the same problem.... with the new enginefor2007 in the LR. I mean, it really throws off the heat. Now addin riding on a hot day, and we're talking some misery.I even looked for a heat shield, but they dont make it for Low Riders.
Anyway, stay safe over there and thank you foryour service......on this Memorial Day.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:34 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Again Jake........many, many thanks. I know what I'll be getting for Christmas this year......some V&Hpipes!!! I'll have to check to see if my quick detatchable w/s will accomidatethe 5 3/4size headlamp, but I'll sure find out. Yea, I know about how expensive this stuff is, but hey, if you cant splurge on your Harley.....what's the point!!! Ithought those wheels might be PM's. It's amazing how different pipes and wheels can totallytransform a bike into a work of art. That's howI see my bike anyway.
My Hubby wants new wheels for his Heritage too, and when it comes time to change the tires on our bikes, we'll do the wheels at that time. I want a chrome swing armtoo, sothat would be the time to do it all.
Glad to hear no real heat problems. I've got to tell you, my stock pipes really seem to roast my leg up something terrible. I've heard others complain about the same problem.... with the new enginefor2007 in the LR. I mean, it really throws off the heat. Now addin riding on a hot day, and we're talking some misery.I even looked for a heat shield, but they dont make it for Low Riders.
Anyway, stay safe over there and thank you foryour service......on this Memorial Day.
I know exactly what you mean about the bike being a work of art. I've always considered bikes art..albeit, riding works of art...lol. PM has quite a vast selection of wheels, and even though they're prices state about $1100 per, I ordered them through the dealership and got them for $900+ per. I also went with an 18" rear and moved up to a 180 tire to fill that rear fender. It did the job nicely.

As far as the heat goes, I notice some heat in stop/go traffic, but that's to be expected. I've read many times over that a stage one kit will help to reduce the operating temperature of the motor, and there is always an oil cooler too if need be.

And thank you. We'll be working through the "holiday", as we don't celebrate them here.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:38 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't say it's the lease popular...I'd say it's the most expensive. That's why all the "chromophobes" buy the bobs. They don't want to pay for all of the chrome and luxuries, which they will strip off anyway.

Quick Reply: Low Rider