Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

indicator lights.what to do.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 08:04 PM
dl03
|
Tourer
Default indicator lights.what to do.

ok all u dyna lovers,i need ur help. i am looking to change my headlight to a more custom looking light. what i want is the back housing of the light bucket to be deeper.

i just don't want the visor to be carried over.i want to totally do away with it.so what do i do with the indicator lights.is there a bracket that is made that allows u to move them. i should say that i have 1 1/4"t-bars that i'm putting on this weekend. has anyone done anything like this? i've searched but couldn't find any help on this.anyhelp is greatly appreciated.btw.its a 03 fxdl.

Old 01-24-2006 | 02:28 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: indicator lights.what to do.

Not sure , but what about looking at the front turn signal relocation kit and asking your Dealer if it would suit your model?

Old 01-24-2006 | 06:45 PM
haksaw
Road Master

i don't recall seeing anything for what you are doing. I guess a couple of options would be to have someone make you a small bracket with the holes for the lights that mounted to your handlebar or built in risers.

Is there any room in your tank panel? Is it possible to drill holes and mount the lights between the speedo and tach?

or i guess you could just ditch the lights.

sorry I couldn't help but there's my .02

Old 01-24-2006 | 07:18 PM
dl03
|
Tourer

thanks hacksaw.i'll look but i don't think there is room on the tank console.
i was thinking about buying the sportster single gage pod and cutting off the hole for the speedo or tack and have it mounted to the risers or the speedo on my tank. i'll figure something out.thanks again.

sooee.i allready have that,but i'm not sure what u are talking about,as to what that has to do with what i'm asking.i want to take the light bar that mounts on the headlight visor.thanks anyway.jay
ORIGINAL: haksaw

i don't recall seeing anything for what you are doing. I guess a couple of options would be to have someone make you a small bracket with the holes for the lights that mounted to your handlebar or built in risers.

Is there any room in your tank panel? Is it possible to drill holes and mount the lights between the speedo and tach?

or i guess you could just ditch the lights.

sorry I couldn't help but there's my .02

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:37 AM
haksaw
Road Master

if you do take a single gauge mount from a sporty and cut off the speedo part you could use this to mount it to your t-bars. Or maybe you could just use this part and drill holes for the indicators.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

Old 01-25-2006 | 06:36 PM
dl03
|
Tourer

thanks hacksaw.thats prolly what i'll do.now to see if i can find one on e-bay.

Old 01-25-2006 | 10:00 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: haksaw

if you do take a single gauge mount from a sporty and cut off the speedo part you could use this to mount it to your t-bars. Or maybe you could just use this part and drill holes for the indicators.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=
For what it's worth, I have a chromed single gauge mount from my 2004 Superglide if you're interested. Here are a couple of photos of the gauge mount. If you think it would help out, PM me, price is negotiable (cheap).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/8A09ED552C4845CB9C85EAD09EE4C8DA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:06 PM
claydbal
Cruiser

i am doiiiing the same project now. i plan on mounting the indicators in the headlight shell. will let you know wher i found the room!!

Old 01-26-2006 | 12:27 AM
dl03
|
Tourer

thanks dglide04.i'll let u know. allthough its not exactly what i was looking for. for exmp all the holes,but i can cut them out and make it work. i'll let u know.

claydbal.i thought about doing it like that.but for me i would like it to be alittle cleaner.no offense.thanks for the idea though.

Old 01-26-2006 | 08:52 AM
JamieWG
Road Master

Look into getting a dash panel off a Wide Glide. They have built in turn indicators.

Quick Reply: indicator lights.what to do.