Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got bored and made a funny mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Got bored and made a funny mod

thats cool you oughta stick it in the 50 bux mod thread, i bet it would go over well. have you tried it for fit?
ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Alright I admit I was bored and just sitting aroundthinking (yes it hurt) and wanting to mess with the bikeso bear with me.

Yesterday I was out with a couple of friends shooting pool and drinking beer and one of them brought up the nickname he has given my bike (Beast of Burden). For some reason Milwaukee's Best popped into my head (think of it's nickname ) and made me think of incorporating it on the bike somehow. Anyways earlier today I was at the grocery store and decided to buy a 12 pack of "The Beast". When I got home I took a spare HD oil filter out of the garage and downed one of those high quality delicious beers and made this creation.
I just need to smooth the cut aluminum edges a little better on it then tomorrow when I can see better out in the garage I'll go out there and put it on the bike.

Just a question, how many people have heard Milwaukee's Best referred to as The Beast? When my wife saw this sitting on the counter in the kitchen she asked what the hell I was doing so I told her the same story I just told you with the Beast of Burden joke. She just looked at me blankly and said ok but why did you pick thatparticular beer? [&:]I guess it just went over her head.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Gulfstream
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, always heard it referred to as "The Beast"!

Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
kev6212
Intermediate

Couldn't have made it through college without The Beast...ranks right up there with Natty Lite, Thunderbird and Maddog 20/20.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
triman
Cruiser

The Beast and I partied alot on college. That might be one of the reasons why it took me seven years to finish.....

Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,it sure looks better than a chrome one Nice job, and when you think about it "Milwaukee's Best" is very fitting on a Harley.

DougJ

Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: x2lee

thats cool you oughta stick it in the 50 bux mod thread,I bet it would go over well. have you tried it for fit?
Actually that pic is of it around the oil filter. You can see the chrome top of the oil filter peeking through. The beer can is too small to go all the way around the filter so I cut it then wrapped it around the filter and there is about a1.5 inch gap where it didnt fit completely around. I will place the gap at the bottom so you can't notice it as much. I guess I could put the little pop top tab on top of the filter where you see thr top exposed just to make it look like the top of the can. Hmmm...

Old 02-17-2008, 11:22 PM
BIGUNXXL
Cruiser

grew up here in bama and the (beast) is all my dad ever drinks.i've even seen him drink it hot.i can drink it ice cold ,but nothing less than that.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Ok here is it again but now with the pop top on top of the filter. I know the edges aren't that great on the cut can but hey, the 12 pack was so damn cheap I can just keep practicing until I get it good enough. [8D]

Old 02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
triman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BIGUNXXL

grew up here in bama and the (beast) is all my dad ever drinks.i've even seen him drink it hot.i can drink it ice cold ,but nothing less than that.
Got a friend that preffers it that way. We have a bar here in town (B'ham, AL) that pulls a six pack out of the cooler for him to warm up. Better man than me........[:'(]

Old 02-17-2008, 11:38 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Holy crap! The Beast is bad enough cold but warm? Talk abouta cast iron stomach... [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Quick Reply: Got bored and made a funny mod