Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which is louder big radius, short shots or side shots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: which is louder big radius, short shots or side shots?

could be your tuning....changes the sound quit a bit.....Dyno the bike and maybe the changes will make your pipes come to life and give you the sound you have been craving.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
jghiselli
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think if I put in the big city thunder baffles in and take out the stock baffles from the big radius I will get that louder sound I am after. I love the look of the BR but want to get the same tone as its sound great but simply want it louder. Same sound but louder how harrd can it be.

Has anyone done this?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 PM
96 Wide Glide
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure Big city thunder, or anyone makes a aftermarket baffle that will fit the BR's?

Cheers... Ben.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know what sound it is that you're looking for, but I've been told by many people that they absolutely love the sound of my BR. I've done nothing to them as far as changing out baffles go, I only had the bike dyno'd.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 AM
jghiselli
6th Gear

the sound I am after is the same sound that you get from big radius pipes which I have on at the moment with the stock baffles inside this is a great sound but I just want it louder. the same sound and tone as they arejust louder. How do I do that. Trying to find out if anyone has taken the stock bigradius baffs ound and used the BCT baffles. I even emailed BCT and they suggest that I wil get the same sound but louder. Somehow I am not sure because I have used them on previus bikes and they smoothen out sound I don't feel they do what I want.

any ideas.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 AM
carnes99
Advanced

I have an 06 street bob with the big radius and love the sound; however i also wanted mine to sound louder. I took out the stock baffles and i thought that it definately made the sound deeper and louder. I now love the sound of the bike and i really love the crackel sound when you down shift.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi,,, do u have the BR 2-2 or 2-1? The 2-2 in my opinion were high pitched and loud... the 2-1 has the low rumble i am looking for. I am considering buying them really soon.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jghiselli

I currently have the big radius pipes on my 08 street bob. I am happy but the other day at the shops a guy parked beside me with short shots on his 08 night train and I thought it was a deeper and much louder sound than my big radius. WHY? He had the sound I have been trying to get with differnt setups. he said they were stock short shots with baffles still in.Thing is i don't think they look as good on a street bob were as the big radius or the side shorts wich are short like short shots look the biz.

Will I get that louder fatter sound I am looking for with side shorts? will I get the same sounds as his if I get the short shots? , aren't we running the same engines in 08s?
Ya know, if it ain't loud enough people don't look and if they don't look they won't see us and could hit us.
[8D]