Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to add a tach to my 07 Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008 | 09:51 AM
txtec
Banned
Default RE: I want to add a tach to my 07 Superglide

did you wire in to ecm pin #3 or coil??

Old 02-17-2008 | 09:52 AM
risdo
Road Captain

Yeah, I knew I didn't want the large Harley tach. It's just too big. I like the way the small one kind of nestles in next to the speedometer.

It's very readable. It's really all I need...

Old 02-17-2008 | 09:54 AM
risdo
Road Captain

^^ Oops, sorry, didn't see your second post.

Here's an email I sent to somebody else awhile back:

You just wire the power wires and ground wires together, then run them to the fuse block. You'll need to buy some extra wire; I just got mine at Autozone. The damned wires that came on the tach were too short, naturally.

I had to disconnect the fuel line and raise the tank to run the wires under it, but that was pretty easy. The '07s have a quick-disconnect fuel line that's the best I've ever seen. I just unbolted the rear of the tank and propped it up; I did not have to unbolt the front of the tank.

The instructions that came with the tach and the RPM sensor were pretty clear, but: I highly recommend buying the Dynashop manual. It has the wiring diagrams in the back of the book. You'll need that to figure out which wires to splice into, at the ignition coil. (That's the thing on the left side under the seat that the two spark plug wires come out of.) I stripped about 1/4" of the insulation from them and soldered the tach sensor wires to them, then wrapped them in automotive electrical tape. (It can take some heat)

It took me maybe four hours to do the whole thing, but I worked slowly. The only hitch was when I dropped the tank on my finger and damn near chopped it off... [:@]... but I soaked it in gasoline.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-18-2008 | 09:41 PM
ioncat14
|
6th Gear

Thanks for the response everyone. Seems as though I have a couple more options again. Man, I love this site!

Old 02-21-2008 | 04:36 PM
tazmister
Novice

HarleyDavidson sell a perfect tach for your 07 Dyna which is the same size as the speedo and it sits in a double bracket side by side it retails in canada for over 3 bills probably cheaper in the USA
TAZ