Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bike shop put small chips in my paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default bike shop put small chips in my paint

ok, so my bike went into a local bike shop today for it's 1st service, not a moco dealer as we don't have one here close by, and

what i dreaded happening, happened.

There is a couple of very, very small marks on the tank which weren't there before.
Didn't notice until I got home and gave it a real good going over as they are very minor but still, they weren't there before.

Rang them and told them and will drop back by tomorrow and show them, don't know what will come of it as I don't really want them

near it again. They didn't even fill out the owners manual maint schedule and I had to lend them my workshop manual.

Anyway, has anyone got a good tip for touching up my duco? they are very small chips i guess, the paint must be pretty thin as you

can't feel the chip but it is showing white through my denim black paint.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41024/6ACC0153B87046BDB2A10427BEDDFF43.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bike shop put small chips in my paint

That really sucks man!!

I would definitely make them take care of it!! I don't no why people do take pride in there work anymore!

I feel for ya man and I hope everything works out for you!

Donnie

Old 02-13-2008, 06:39 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you cant feel them you can prob get them out problem with denim is it will be shiny where you polish it try 1400 and water and polishing compound.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Gilly
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touching up your WHAT???

Old 02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Last time I took my car in for service the service manager took a bunch of pictures posted them on the service order and had me sign off. I guess many people have be complaining of damage. Next time you get your bike serviced you may want to do something similar.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I would go NUTS!!! it is their job to return the bike in better shape than they rec it! their job to fix it!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way but i would have had to question No wait i would not have even taken it to a shop were i had to do the following
I had to lend them my workshop manual.
I try to do most all my work myself and if i cant then it goes to a reputable shop but i would have had to ask some serious questions when they said hey can we borrow your shop manual????? SAY WHAT!!!!!!

as for the paint i feel for you but if i were you that shops insurance would be repainting the WHOLE TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Tat2u
Road Warrior

Naz - Yeah i'm pissed about it but blame myself as had a bad feeling about taking it there even though they are the biggest and most established shop in our area...

Gilly - duco = paint

Craig - yeah i was gonna get them to go over it with me when i dropped it off to confirm with them that it had no marks on it when it came in but instead just stressed to them that it had no marks on it so wanted it back the same way.

Skully - as to lending them my manual well they aren't a harley dealership and it's only a smallish city where I live so I didn't expext them to have the technical data for every make and model of bike so didn't really mind lending them my manual so at least they would have all the right data.... a bit pathetic though i know...

I know they should fix it and i'll see what they have to say today when i take it back but i don't really trust them with it,
plus if i got them to respray the tank i would probably end up being without it for months..... so will probaly fix it myself.
I will deffinately be doing my own services once the warranty period is over.

I'll be dropping in to the HD dealership where i bought the bike next weekend as travelling up there with some mates to go to the first round of our V8 Supercar championship (have you guys seen our Bathurst 1000 on TV over there? awsome cars and racing) so will see what they have to say about it and grab some touch up paint while i'm there

Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Tat2u
Road Warrior

went down to see them, they're not admitting to anything but will knock $100 off of my next service.. (thats Aussie dollars don't forget)

so i guess thats pretty reasonable

after all..... "**** happens"

but i have also heard "**** doen't just happen - somebody causes it" lol