Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question about floorboards

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quick question about floorboards

I'm thinking about getting floorboards for my bike. My questions is: Are they sold as a kit like forwards? Or is it a matter of changing out my pegs for floorboards?

TIA.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
cstolp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick question about floorboards

No kits available anywhere.I am retro fitting fat boy floorboards to my dyna. Some have put boards in place of their forward control pegs and like it. just do a search within the dyna forum for floorboards and you will find a bunch of info.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
stell55chevy
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a set of cheap universal ones and use them in place of my mid controls. i currently run forward controls and put the floorboards on for long trips for more comfort and area to put my feet. works real good for me, and i can take them off when not in use.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: stell55chevy

I bought a set of cheap universal ones and use them in place of my mid controls. i currently run forward controls and put the floorboards on for long trips for more comfort and area to put my feet. works real good for me, and i can take them off when not in use.
Do you remeber where you got them from?
Am I correct to assume you can't put floorboards on a dyna? Sorry I'm a Harley nOOb.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

they used to have a kit for the 05 and older dynas but stopped selling the kit. The parts are all still available but one part must be customized to fit the current models. The total cost is about $800 for all the parts. I got all the parts from a 07 fxst and made some adapter plates to bolt them to my dyna frame.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
drdave
Cruiser

if you have a 05 or earlier dyna, the old dyna defender floorboard kit (police dyna bikes) was the answer. the kits are no longer available as a kit, but the individual parts can be ordered and if through a 20% discount dealer, it will cost around 725 for all the parts if you buy bolts, nuts, washer, everything. if you have the 06 and later bikes, you will have to fabricate a small bracket that attaches the shifter peg to the bike (kit attached to the front two bolts on primary, but the bolt pattern etc has changed on the 06-up dynas).

if you just want a set of floorboards for resting your feet and don't want to move the shifter and brake pedals, aftermarket floorboards are available that will replace the footpegs in both the mid control and forward control positions (whichever you have). if you have the mid control footpegs, the aftermarket floorboards will extend back some and may cause you to hit your shins, etc when trying to push the bike around with your legs. the dyna floorboard kits (or individual parts for the kit) move your foot position forward to within a couple of inches of where the forward controls would be. works great if you have short legs and can't use forward controls. if you don't have short legs and are using forward controls, just get a set of aftermarket floorboards to replace the footpegs you are using now. if you are trying to eliminate mid controls and don't want to go to forward controls, the floorboard kit set-up is very nice, but somewhat costly.