Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008 | 10:24 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master
Default O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Has anybody tried these on their 07/08 Dynas? The site says they are true 'plug and play' and will richen the mix to 14.2:1
http://www.nightrider.com/parts/o2_ied_installation.htm

Sounds like a good deal for about $70.00

Nightrider seems like a decent company, wonder why I haven't heard more about these. Any info appreciated, thanks!

Old 02-11-2008 | 10:44 PM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain
Default RE: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

I just bought a set for 69.99 shipped.They were on sale for bike week.I don't have em yet but since I live in Az,can't hurt.Regards,Tom ps:I have a stg 1 download,SE Hi flo A/C ,V&H TruDuals w/FuelPak on my 08 Ultra & she runs real good.If theEnrichment resistors don't help,I'm only out $69.99

Old 02-11-2008 | 11:00 PM
dklozik
Tourer

This is kinda like the thing made for my Dodge on the AIT (Air Inlet Temp) sensor. On my truck it also has a resistor in the wire, fooling the computer into running a bit richer cause it thinks the inlet temp is cooler. Since FI runs richer when its cooler, this thing just makes the computer "think" the O2 sensor is still cold. Of course, guys on the dodge forum got wise, got an ohm meter and measure the resistor in the wire, then started making their own. Im pretty sure we could make our own as well. The one we made for the truck cost about 7 bucks. This might be a great under $50 mod, if figured out.

Old 02-12-2008 | 12:15 AM
labfreak
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TOMCENTRAL

I just bought a set for 69.99 shipped.They were on sale for bike week.I don't have em yet but since I live in Az,can't hurt.Regards,Tom ps:I have a stg 1 download,SE Hi flo A/C ,V&H TruDuals w/FuelPak on my 08 Ultra & she runs real good.If theEnrichment resistors don't help,I'm only out $69.99
But, if you have a fuelpack, why do you also want these? Does'nt the fuelpack settings richen up the fuel mix? Guess I'm confused???

dklozik; makes sense..anybody got an ohmmeter read on their o2 wires? very interesting idea. thanks.

Old 02-12-2008 | 12:42 AM
ssls6
Road Captain

I put a set on my stock 08WG. I'm very happy with the result. I believe they do the same thing a sert does if you max out the O2 bias tables. I would not use them if I ran an open loop fuel management system.

I plan to put them on my wife's 07 sporster.

Old 02-12-2008 | 12:50 AM
labfreak
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ssls6

I put a set on my stock 08WG. I'm very happy with the result. I believe they do the same thing a sert does if you max out the O2 bias tables. I would not use them if I ran an open loop fuel management system.

I plan to put them on my wife's 07 sporster.
OK, one good report! How did you know it made a difference? More power/acceleration?

Old 02-12-2008 | 01:06 AM
ssls6
Road Captain

I can't really judge power or acceleration by the "seat of the pants". I can judge an engine that has a slight lean surge while cruising. The O2 IEDs made my engine run smoother while cruising and stopped that lean "ragged-edge" feeling. Kind of like rasing the needles one groove back in the olden days without changing main jets.

When I change air breathers I may just go with the stage1 download and keep the O2 IEDs.

Old 02-12-2008 | 02:10 AM
mdog2222
Tourer

nice find. I think that would definately be worth a try.

Old 02-12-2008 | 02:11 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

Hi Labfreak(and all others on this thread)

Just remeber that you only adjust the "closed loop" fuel for example if you twist the throttle wide open it goes in the "open loop" and uses the fixed map so this is only sorta a stage 0,5.

The fuel pak on the other hand dont rich up the closed loop only the fixed map (if you rich up cruse mixture the lambda value going to lean it out anyway)

But if you use the enrichener and a fuel pak the fuel pak adjust the fixed maps and the enricherner fools the lambda/ECM (havent tested this but in theory it should work).

I tested these enrichernersfor about6 month before Stephen released them on the market and they are in my opinion good for using a more open exhaust but not the stage 1 air filter .. above that the fixed map is to lean.

//Kristian Heidenfors

Old 02-12-2008 | 03:57 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mdog2222

nice find. I think that would definately be worth a try.
Mdog2222!!!! IS BACK! Hey man, what up!! Yeah, thinking these might be worth a try..I'm still saving change for those Sideshots, but keep getting interesting feed back on the 2-inta-1's.
Nice hearing from ya!

Kricke, thanks for the input..why not with the stg 1? Don't quite get it, if'n yer wanting to richen it up??

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device