Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008 | 02:00 PM
fastfxrs
Cruiser
Default RE: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Thanks Kricke, good advice. Do both ends of the cross over tube extend into the header pipe, or just inot the front pipe?
Tim

Old 02-16-2008 | 02:44 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Kricke

flube the pipe up real good, then saw of the intruding crossover end (mayby intruding not is a english word ; ).

Quite common mod on the baggers Y-pipe to gain 2-4 Hp and and get a cooler engine due to less restrictive header..

Kricke,
You speak better english than most Americans I know.
And yes, intruding is the perfect word for the obstruction. Makes you want to go kill it.....

Old 02-16-2008 | 04:17 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

He he yes if you have a "curved" hole saw you can do the rear pipe,, naa just pulling your leg here...

If you look on the crossover fittings on the rear headerthere is another type of mount welded and as far it wasin my "old" wide glide -07 pipe there weren't any obstruction (learn't a new wordfrom KK6Pg) to worryabout.

Old 02-16-2008 | 04:19 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

ha ha yepp I thought about an intruder and then bend the word a bit...

//K

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:02 AM
labfreak
|
Road Master

Installed my IED's today and took a ride,can't say I actually FEEL any real difference;smoother? maybe, and the engine seemed not as hot when Ipulled into the garage and shut down.
They are easy to put in, I had never looked at the front caddy so it took me some time to see how that came apart, the rear was a snap. I'll get a laser thermometer on it soon and see how the temps compare with what they are finding on the tech forum.
Thanks Kricke,for you help.

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:42 AM
snuffer
Cruiser

I've been following this thread with interest. My new Fat Bob doesn't arrive for another month, so I can't test these IED's myself yet, but in looking at the 08 Harley parts catolog I see that Harley offers 2 different oil caps with oil temp gauges on them (one is analog, the other is digital). Since these IED's were made by Nightrider to address the high engine temps associated with 06 and newer 96" motors I'm thinking a good check might be to invest in one of these oil caps with a temp gauge, and check the before and after oil temps with the IED's installed.

Ok, now under the "seemed like a good idea at the time" catagory, I just looked at the catalog again and it doesn't look like Harley offers a cap that fits the newer Dyna's.

Old 02-28-2008 | 11:12 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master

OK, now last weekend I tooka 300mi round trip up the Columbia Gorge and I can say the IED's are an improvementat cruising speed, engine about 30 degres cooler ( i got a laser thermo) andmy gas mileage dropped fromm 44 to 42 mph.
Performance improves subtle but noticeable;
So I would recomend these. Bear in mind, I have the stg 1 download (opened up the rev limiter and more fuel on the high end($150.00) and now $70.00 into these IEDs, so, for $230.00 I have a fuel mgmt system that works for me, yet it is not adjustable or anything like the fuelpacks, PCIII, etc.But I'm happy with the way I run now.

Old 02-29-2008 | 02:17 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

Labfreak
I'm happy thatyou are satisfied.

Keep your face in the wind.......
//K

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:55 AM
db252
Road Captain

I posted this in the Tech Forum but copied it here since it was relevant and you could see my personal results:

Things I have not noticed but doesn't mean they aren't/didn't happen:
- louder exhaust
- more performance
- temperature change....well maybe, but is it me just wishing it? Hell I don't know but I hope it is cooler.

Things I have noticed:
- low rpm surge is MUCH less if non-existent but I really went low to make it happen yet very noticeable change.
- spark plugs look much better. Not as white - can definitely see a color difference from before and I'm sure it would be better if I cleaned them more before the run.
- one thing that surprised me that I did notice and never really thought about is while moving at a low/midrange rpm in any of the gears the 'casual missing', you know, like you get sometimes when there is not really enough fuel in the mix for the spark to create an ignition which feels like a random dead spot, was also gone and made me really take notice.

So, just by these simple findings the IED's are doing something. Is it the best....no but for the cost the results are very impressive. I would say this is for those who don't want to spend money on a fuel manager and help their bike run at a healthier state be it only .5 richer in air/fuel ratio.

For the record, I have the SE Air Cleaner, a Stage 1 Download, and Rush 1.75 slip-ons.

Old 02-29-2008 | 03:59 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Good report db and don't forget you are basically stock so if you have problems away from home any HD dealer should be able to trouble shoot it which may not be the case with an aftermarket fuel management system.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device