Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008 | 06:45 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Default RE: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device

My 07 street bob just got upgraded to samson big guns3 exhaust and SE1 air filter and a power commander...

My engine light comes on after the bike warms up....

I am now thinking maybe to get this instead of dyno tuning the PC....for the $325

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:26 PM
labfreak
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Dynabob07

My 07 street bob just got upgraded to samson big guns3 exhaust and SE1 air filter and a power commander...

My engine light comes on after the bike warms up....

I am now thinking maybe to get this instead of dyno tuning the PC....for the $325
I dunno, if you got a PCIII maybe IED's not needed as it sets all that stuf up. I get the impression these are kind of a poor man's SERT, PCIII, or wahtever, they richen the fuel mix is all by increasing resistence (Ohms) at the O2 sensor is all, but, from what the technical guys/gals are saying, they work pretty good, especially by heat reduction.

Old 02-15-2008 | 03:07 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

Dynabob hmmm if the engine light comes on after warm up I think the O2 sensors are disconnected or the blocks from PC3 arent in place or have bad connection. check thefault code andpostit here and I'll help you find the answer...

And on your question if to replace PC3 for the enricherners i would say no,in my opinion get a god dyno setup and your be fine or if you are up for a little testing get the enricherners and plug them in after the initial PC3 tune so you use the closed loop feature again.

I can't help you with a dyno run (I live in Sweden so...) But surley some of the guys/girls here should have the right connection to a good localtuner...

//K

Old 02-15-2008 | 07:53 AM
MyClassic09
Road Captain

I forgot to say I have the power commander EX
so no eliminators on the O2 sensors......it uses the O2 for EPA approved....

thats why I was wondering to add the IED with my PCIII EX....

how do I get codes without going to dealer....

Old 02-15-2008 | 08:06 AM
Kricke
Intermediate

OK, I'll see if my bad english can explain....

Make sure run/stop switch is set to run
Press and hold "trip reset button"
Turn ignition on

then you should be in diag. mode and you should see PSSPT (not 100% sure on the letter combination on -07)in your speedometer

press trip again and the first letter start flashing and if you have any fault there should be visable (go thru all letters with same procedure)

write down the code you findthen press and holduntil a verification that you cleared the fault code...

I have aflow chart thati can mail in case of total confusion ; )

Old 02-15-2008 | 08:36 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

I had an SE Race Fueler on my 06 bob. It ran much betterbut no matter what I did I kept gettingtwo codes, rear cylinder rich and rear cylinder lean. I had the two dealers check it out and they said everything was fine and that this was common on the Race Fueler. I think it's the nature of the beast on the O2 equipped bikes. I ditched the Race Fueler and went with the SERT. No more codes and it never pops.

I still have the Race Fueler if someone is interested in taking it off my hands. PM me and make an offer. The Race Fueler is good for someone low on cash (which I was at when I bought it). But I saved up a year and went with the SERT and am completely happy.
Sorry for the shameless plug.

Old 02-16-2008 | 10:22 AM
MyClassic09
Road Captain

Figured out my rear O2 sensor was the prob code P0154
so looked at connector and one side got pushed out when reconnected....

so no more code.....

thanks Kricke

Old 02-16-2008 | 11:23 AM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

So, for a stock intake and only a set of slip-on pipes ('07 WG with Krome works 3" HPs) will this device do anything for decel pop? Also, it would be interesting to see a dyno comparison before and after, with just pipes and stock air and fuel management. I'm a cheap bastard, just wanna know if it will do anything I can hear or feel. Also, any change in MPG.
Tim

Old 02-16-2008 | 12:16 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

I'm glad you find the error...

I did my home work on your PCEx and yes it would be smart thing to use the enricherners because of the "grayed out values" you can't adjust , BUT I really want to advice you to do a serious dyno setup..

//Kricke

Old 02-16-2008 | 12:34 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

fastfxrs

There arent any major hp/Tq changes in closed loop going from +14.7-1 to 14.2-1, but you will probably feel the engine going smoother and not as hot as before (it was this purpose these devices were built for).

You will burn more fuel (you are richen the mixture so....)

Small tip when using stock headers: is that the crossover tube is pushed quite far in the front pipe.
So I took a hole saw (as big i could get in the pipe) lube the pipe up real good, then saw of the intruding crossover end(mayby intruding not isa english word ; ).

Quite common mod on the baggers Y-pipe to gain 2-4 Hp and and get a cooler engine due to less restrictive header..

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor Inline Enrichment Device